UPDATE: Murray agrees to sell to Whyte

Caution indeed, even if true.

We need to know what plans Whyte has exactly - not just ON the pitch but OFF it. For far too long Rangers have been the pariah of Scottish football, for far too long we have been spineless when dealing with mis-information and blatant lies in the media, and for far too long we have allowed Celtic to treat us like idiots with some of their cheap shots at us too.

We need to grow a pair OFF the pitch and Mr Whyte will do well to heed this - if he starts attacking that which attacks us I suspect that he will garner much support very quickly.

Also, our stadium needs major overhaul - I would be OK if we reduced the spending on the playing squad a bit (not in the 1st year though) if that were to be spent on the stadium. Ibrox stadium IS Rangers and I am nigh on embarrassed when I go to a game these days as the stadium looks shoddy. It should always be the jewel in our crown IMO.

Regards the 5 mill a year spend on the playing staff.... 25 mill over a 5 yr period is a fairly sizeable sum of money - however, we lose 5 loan players this season and have players close to being out of contract. We are looking at 13 1st team players come the start of next season. Thus, I would be happier if we use two seasons worth this close season (so 10 mill this year, then 3 years of 4 and a year of 3) to allow us to actually get our playing squad to healthy numbers which allow us to compete with Celtic properly. If McCoist can keep us competitive with just a 5 mill spend and by adding quality to the squad rather than quantity then it will be job very well done indeed.

Also, I think Craig Whyte has proven to be a quite astute businessman in all of this. With this purchase costing 25 million but, effectively, clearing all loans, he gets far, far more than 25 million pounds worth of assets. Ibrox and Murray Park alone are worth a sizeable amount of that and when you add in the land surrounding Ibrox this deal has become very cheap for him. However, it is not without risk as we all know. But the risk is relatively small and the reward could be lucrative with the development of the surrounding areas - we know that there is little chance of reward from the playing side of the business in financial terms but it would seem he has managed to acquire his potential reward from the land around Ibrox.

And, finally, if it goes ahead. Welcome to Rangers Mr Whyte, the greatest football club in the world with the greatest supporters in the world. Make us proud of you, make us proud of your dealings on behalf of the club and take us back to where we belong, at the pinnacle of football.

Normally the news of another interested party would be welcome. But at this stage - unless it far outweighs that of Craig Whyte, I see it as more of a hindrance than anything else. I just want this saga to be concluded

Just heard that there may be a late rival bid from other interested parties... :o

I doubt Murray will take the chance of Whyte walking away by talking to third parties. Why would they leave it so late?

Guest BRIANMC1

This is crazy....Who the FCUK told SSN the deal was done...Everything said since says its not.

And now Frankie saying a counter bid??/ Jesuswept....