Don't listen to the McGregor rumours

Well? Don't leave us in suspense. What's the nonsense rumour?

Someone got a text from a friend of Durrant's to say that McGregor was on his way to Arsenal on loan. It was a lot of rubbish for various reasons. Firstly, despite Wenger saying he'll need to get an emergency loan deal for a keeper, he wouldn't be allowed to sign one from outside of England. Secondly, McGregor was meant to be going for a medical on Friday, but in actual fact he arrived home in Glasgow along with everyone else returning from Holland and went to Auchenhowie. Thirdly, he played today.

This and the nonsense about him going to Turkey are basically just underhand tactics by bheasts trying to put McGregor off before today's game. They'll do anything to try to upset us that lot. Mark my word, there will be plenty more completely made up and totally false rumours where these came from between now and the end of the season.

Technically an agreement can be reached with everything sorted, fees, wages etc can be sorted but the player cannot play until the next window, a player can even move there before if he is really not wanting to be at his parent club.

Technically an agreement can be reached with everything sorted, fees, wages etc can be sorted but the player cannot play until the next window, a player can even move there before if he is really not wanting to be at his parent club.

Possibly true but I don't think this was ever the situation with AM

Unless a player is a free agent he cannot sign for anyone out with the transfer window.

Not entirely true pete. Any club in England can sign a player from another English FA club outwith the transfer window if they get permission for an emergency loan deal. They're not allowed to sign foreign players on emergency loans though and to an English FA club, Scottish players are considered foreign.

Pete, an example of an emergency loan of a keeper was when Man City signed Marton Fulop from Sunderland for the final few games of last season because Shay Given got a bad injury. They had to ask the Premier League for permission and it was granted.

I stand corrected. I didn't realise that you could sign players out with the transfer period. Does that mean that if Man U are already champions that West Ham could sign Wayne Rooney on loan for the last six games?

I stand corrected. I didn't realise that you could sign players out with the transfer period. Does that mean that if Man U are already champions that West Ham could sign Wayne Rooney on loan for the last six games?

No, West Ham would have to have no strikers available. They currently have about 12. Its only goalkeepers that can be an issue imo because most positions have about 5 or 6. Tbh I was surprised Man City were allowed the loan deal as they had one keeper but I don't think they had any for the bench.