BHEASTS v The Champions - Predictions

Time for the champions to stand up to the plate and show us fans they can match the BHEASTS. Have we turned the corner after the Sporting game and the weekends results????. We will see tomorrow night,one things for sure I'd expect a bit more effort than the last two meetings.

BHEASTS 1

The Champions 2 Jelavic,Edu

:rfc::spl:

I reckon the last minute winner [sic] in Portugal after a difficult game could give us the lift we need after the last poor performance against them. It should give the players some belief back and their loss at the weekend should see the team fancying some revenge to pile the misery on them.

Jelavic and Diouf seem to be coming into a game and and it would be good to see them play together - perhaps with the latter coming from attacking from a deeper role. Davis also seems to have given himself a kick up the arse, which can only be good for the midfield. Weir should be better for being rested too.

I reckon 2-1 to Rangers.

We're still very vulnerable and the only question for me is whether they can be so ill-prepared twice in a row. The margin between the teams on the 20th was so wide that you have to remain pessimistic it can easily be closed. Of course we can win it but, on the actual evidence available, only wishful thinking could predict a Rangers win.

I've read plenty of stuff which shows evidence that pessimism usually has less correlation with outcomes than optimism - and I think that's been borne out many times on here as six trophies in three seasons which were awash with negativity on the forums will attest. Not only that, both are to an extent self-fulfilling. If you believe you will lose then it's likely you will, if you believe you will win you have a far greater chance of doing so. None of us are actually playing but belief can be infectious. A belief and will to win by the fans can lift players, whereas indifference due to expectation of failure can deflate them.

I think more than half of supporting a club is about wishful thinking - otherwise why would Leyton Orient fans even be interested in the Arsenal game in the FA cup?

We've easily been better than Celtic over the last four years and only recently has there been a change. I don't think there is much reason to doubt we can spring back the other way. Plenty of OF teams have lost by scores like 5-1 to the other team and still won the league.

When there are two even teams and one team is on fire and the other is totally off form the gap will look pretty big. When those parameters are swapped then the opposite will be true. There is no way to really predict how those parameters will pan out and it could be anything in between. Celtic have obviously dipped and we've improved - I would say that suggests a prediction of a closer game. But then these games are usually incredibly difficult to call.

There is absolutely no logical reason to accept or expect defeat before a ball has been kicked; even the previous cup tie ended up an unlucky draw for us.

If nothing else, I think wishful thinking will be the more prevalent, happier and more enjoyable position for the fans on Wednesday night.