It' not very often you will see SDOW coming off the pitch,as much as that will dissapoint some people,but for me once again he showed what a sterling professional he is,and what a good Rangers man he is.He was ill but still pulls on the Rangers jersey not wanting to let the team down,but eventually had to come off.

Everybody sees the game,and players, differently but I think he is the total pro and is the last of a dying breed. I wished we had got him 10 years ago.

Tin hat on now waiting for the onslaught

Doubt you'll get an onslaught mate. SDOW has been an utter pro for us - genuinly Rangers class. A man of integrity and a superb player, but this has been one season too many. If everyone could have his attitude though we'd be in nothing like trouble.

It' not very often you will see SDOW coming off the pitch,as much as that will dissapoint some people,but for me once again he showed what a sterling professional he is,and what a good Rangers man he is.He was ill but still pulls on the Rangers jersey not wanting to let the team down,but eventually had to come off.

Everybody sees the game,and players, differently but I think he is the total pro and is the last of a dying breed. I wished we had got him 10 years ago.

Tin hat on now waiting for the onslaught

No tin hat needed he is a great ambassador for our club and I think everyone respects that. I don't think we can kid ourselves on though that players are starting to walk past him at a trot. I hope he finishes this season but I would start resting him at times and let Bartley play in there for some games.

Agree with Cotter. Probably Walter's best signing since he came back 4 years ago and I also thing he's our best captain for a long long time. An absolute gentleman too and I think he's got a future in management if he wants to go down that route.

Guest carmylebear

Been a great servant to us just a pity we did not get him years ago.

He acts the way you would expect a captain of our great club to act. With pride and dignity.

Great to see such a positive thread at last!

I think the biggest compliment you can pay to Weir is when he does actually have a bad game, the criticism feels so unusual because they are so few and far between.