McINNES MAY MOVE BACK TO IBROX - LEGGO

I can see or managerial selection board going down the same street as our scouting network.

Basic and not very exciting.

Would you rather have the excitement of another foreign manager like PLG?

:rolleyes:

Fuck me, what a idiotic question.

It might be idiotic to you, but not to me. You sarcastically commented about our 'managerial selection board going down the same street as our scouting network. Basic and not very exciting', so I gave you a sarcastic reply about PLG. The reason I did that is that the most exciting managerial appointments for Rangers in the past 2 decades have been Advocaat and PLG and those are the two managers who have been the worst for the club. Advocaat seriously overspent and didn't achieve anything to warrant the level of spending, while PLG ended up being a complete disaster. All things considered, 'basic and not very exciting' managers like Smith & McLeish have been better for Rangers than their foreign, supposedly exciting counterparts! :colbert:

Aye Advocaat created a really bad side and played awful football eh...

You know fine well that's not what I meant Totti. We all know that Advocaat built a great side that played some amazing football, but at what cost and what did he actually achieve with the huge spending? More than Walter Smith who has spent less than a tenth of what Advocaat did in the transfer market?

PLG didn't work out but so what? All the best coaches are abroad so that's where we should be looking.

Just because the best coaches are abroad doesn't mean that a foreign coach would be the best option for Rangers.

A foreign influence is exactly what we need at the club. Everything about us just now is very regressive, basic and dour. We need to become progressive. We need to develop tactical systems, technical play, positive outlook. We are utterly useless at set pieces and play rancid football. Time to embrace change.

Just because PLG failed doesnt mean we shouldnt not be looking abroad again. Its more about the individual and how good he is plus the club / players should adjust to that persons way.

Michael Laudrup has been 1 guy Ive wanted for years.

Someone mentioned Holloway the other day and that wouldnt be a bad shout, i like his style of play. Its a bit like Keegans style where he goes after a win rather than setting out not to lose. If anything its entertaining.

Aye Advocaat created a really bad side and played awful football eh...

Would Advocaat have created a side anywhere near what he did without 63 mill of spending ?

He may have created a very good team but you simply cant deny that things have changed significantly since then, not only in terms of what WE can afford but also in terms of what other teams are spending on players.