Kyle Bartley

I thought the guy showed up well today,strong,pacey,and considering he is a CB I was impressed by his performance today, that is the first time I've seen him play,showed enough to me that he could easily step into the CB position if he was called on.Good debut for the guy and I'm looking forward to seeing him more often from now on.

Saw bits of the game and he looked quite good. But what concerns me is WS is prepared to drop Ness who is on top form to play a centre half in midfield rather than give Weir a break when he has been struggling of late. Its WS accommodating players again. Weir could have been done with a break today considering the mass fixture pile up coming. It was a home SPL match which we strolled so an ideal opportunity to rest him.

But its refreshing to know Bartley is vertisile which could be key over the next few months.

Agree he would be first pick for me next week. To be honest it is Davis who I have doubts about. I think I would drop him for Edu. Edu is far more mobile than Davis.

Perhaps based on recent performances but certainly not based on today - Davis played very well today IMO. Shut down the space quickly, got beyond his own strikers, good passing, good vision and just generally played well.

Ian, not only did Bartley look strong and pacey - he also showed very good positional sense and his distribution was excellent too - his pass to Naismith (I think) to set up Jelavic's 1st goal was perfectly weighted !

Saw bits of the game and he looked quite good. But what concerns me is WS is prepared to drop Ness who is on top form to play a centre half in midfield rather than give Weir a break when he has been struggling of late. Its WS accommodating players again. Weir could have been done with a break today considering the mass fixture pile up coming. It was a home SPL match which we strolled so an ideal opportunity to rest him.

But its refreshing to know Bartley is vertisile which could be key over the next few months.

Whilst I understand the sentiment Gribz, I honestly cannot for the life of me understand how ANY of our fans can STILL be critical of Smith regarding today - a 6-0 win and we still arent happy with how the management of a game.

Only Rangers fans, eh ?

Agree he would be first pick for me next week. To be honest it is Davis who I have doubts about. I think I would drop him for Edu. Edu is far more mobile than Davis.

Edu looked out of his depth in the last game against celtic. He was by far our worst player IMO. Bartley, based on yesterday's performance, looks a better bet at the moment.