Healy makes Gers switch

It wasn't a dig at you Danny, just a general comment how people can't seem to agree on what level the Championship is actually at.

I don't really see anything complicated about it. It's got much more money, and all the teams in it are bigger than SPL teams bar the OF.

I agree that we're light all over..... So in my world, I'd be looking to sell McGregor, Lafferty and Beattie to free up funds and wages to bring in a defender, midfielder and striker along with a backup GK if WS has no faith in the young keepers on our books.

I'd hold onto McGregor. Lafferty is a useful player in that he can play different positions. And Beattie can bugger off. But we'd get pennies for him.

Trouble with Beattie is that no-one will want him, I think we're stuck with him until the end of his contract - unless he miraculously discovers Miller type form...

Lafferty could also be difficult to shift due to his wage and lack of recent success.

I would loath to see MacGregor go but if we could spend the money for him, we could really improve the outfield squad... With Alexander a decent replacement, he's about the only real asset we can perhaps almost afford to do without, with our threadbare squad.

Healy doesn't enthuse me at all.

I'd have thought that getting rid of Beattie (temporarily at least) was a lesson learned to avoid such players but no, we sign another declining player with his best years behind him.

Sure, Healy may represent a decent option from the bench but I can't see him playing all that much. At least he didn't cost anything and his wage relatively low.

Not sure about this one. While I can see nothing in his pedigree that suggests he has the quality to play for us long-term, his desire to do well and a natural goal-scorer might just be a winner for the rest of this campaign, a bit like similar signings in the past, Andy Gray springs to mind.

I agree that I didnt think we needed another striker with what we have already, but it wouldnt surprise me greatly if he comes off the bench to grab an important winner somewhere along the run-in.

Looks like you spoke to soon. :thup:

I suppose I didn't think of the loan option... he'll need to prove himself at his temporary club to earn a more permanent move. I'm still surprised anyone wants to pay his wages right now.