Healy makes Gers switch

Disagree. while its not the most attractive signing Id rather have Healy than Riordan.

Noticed Alan Gow was playing for Notts County against Man City yesterday. A lot of people, myself included, thought he deserved a chance when at Ibrox but he obviously hasnt impressed nobody at a higher level than Englands 3rd tier either.

Probably a much worse signing than Riordan would have been. We should not be signing 31 year olds that have just played for Doncaster

Or on the flip side he's an experienced campaigner at Championship level which is considerably higher than the SPL.

Or on the flip side he's an experienced campaigner at Championship level which is considerably higher than the SPL.

Had anyone on here ever heard of him before he scored those goals against Spain? Has he done anything of note since?

The exact level of just how good/bad the Championship actually is seems to depend on what argument someone is trying to make at the time.

As a 6 month deal he can't be any worse than what we have and you do need some players in the squad who know what's expected of you when you play for Rangers, but its just a strange one when we have a few forwards not really doing much or playing at all and the squad is light in other areas.

Had anyone on here ever heard of him before he scored those goals against Spain? Has he done anything of note since?

Scored the winner against England some years back. So I knew of him before Spain.

The exact level of just how good/bad the Championship actually is seems to depend on what argument someone is trying to make at the time.

I've never altered my stance on this - the Championship, imo, is far better than the SPL which hovers into League 2/3 level.

As a 6 month deal he can't be any worse than what we have and you do need some players in the squad who know what's expected of you when you play for Rangers, but its just a strange one when we have a few forwards not really doing much or playing at all and the squad is light in other areas.

We're light all over. If we got a defender we'd be complaining it wasn't a midfielder, and if we got a mid we'd be moaning it wasn't a defender.

Our squad is thin, period, so numbers are crucial all over.

It wasn't a dig at you Danny, just a general comment how people can't seem to agree on what level the Championship is actually at.

I agree that we're light all over..... So in my world, I'd be looking to sell McGregor, Lafferty and Beattie to free up funds and wages to bring in a defender, midfielder and striker along with a backup GK if WS has no faith in the young keepers on our books.