Weiss hints at Gers stay

Exactly.

He might often lose possession but he can pick the ball up from the halfway line and advance very quickly, something that's been a rarity at Ibrox in recent years. He might be very raw but seeing a winger/forward that can actually dribble is a welcome return at Ibrox. He also gives us technique and creativity in the final third, another thing lacking in recent years.

BTW - My opinion would have been different a month or 2 ago where he went through a very poor spell.

I would agree with everything you say above. He has also eradicated, for the most part, his trying to "flair" himself out of trouble when in defence. He is far less prone to dribbling having received the ball just outside his own box. I actually think that his decision-making in whether to advance himself or pass to a team-mate has improved as the season has went on too.

The problem that some of us have is that we see him lose the ball and immediately start screaming about it. But the reality is that it happens because he is trying to beat a player, something few Rangers players have done since Laudrup and de Boer left. Just to appease you Totti :thup: - if we use Lee McCulloch as an example... big Jig rarely loses the ball when in possession (when he does it is because he is slower than my gran... and she is dead) so people dont really get on his back as much because he doesnt lose the ball. However, most of big Jig's passes are sideways (nothing wrong with that when that is your job) whereas Weiss is trying to advance.

The only real complaint I have of Weiss is that his final ball is absolutely woeful. Someone was bemoaning Davis' set pieces the other day and him not beating the first man and Weiss is far too often the same - his crosses dont beat the first man enough. Hopefully with Jelavic getting a start we will see better runs from Jelavic and Weiss hitting the target man more often than not.

If his final ball were better he probably wouldnt be at Ibrox, sadly.