Allan McGregor watched by Arsenal

Really? He's a good GK but Alexander is a more than able back up/number 1. I'd be disappointed to see him go but not half as disappointed when Miller left or if/when Boogie leaves. Selling McGregor for �£5m is a joke though. I'd be holding out for no less than �£8m.

That's a bizzare take on things considering Miller is a mediocre footballer and Bougherra has been gash this season whilst McGregor has been a standout keeper in Europe for a few seasons.

Alexander is coming towards the end of his career. Once keepers hit 33/34/35 they generally start to lose it

Good shout. Van der Sar is still doing at the age of 40/41 years young.

Van Der Saar isn't half the keeper he was and hasn't been so for some time. I'm surprised they have not replaced him sooner and they should have kept Foster. Van Der Saar is lucky to have had Rio and Vidic in front of him in recent seasons

As always, the price is being set by what they think we will accept rather than the general market value of the player. Which is why the weak keep on getting weaker.

He's the only keeper I've seen get rave reviews in Europe to be linked with such a poultry offer. If he played for FC Cluj he'd probably be worth more

Selling him will likely be a huge mistake. A good goalkeeper is worth his weight in gold and McGregor is in his peak years. People think Alexander can just take over but he's almost 33 and could start to decline very soon.

While I can kind of agree with you, you just have to look at Van der Sar at Man Utd. He's improved as he's got older and could possibly go on playing for another season. At 40 though, he probably wants to retire before he does hit the downhill slide.

Alexander is a great GK and when he's been called upon, he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

While McGregor is a Rangers player, I'll always have him as our number 1 but Alexander is a great backup/number 1 GK to have too.

Wenger has been criticised for not addressing the lack of goalkeeping strength at Arsenal and knows that a bid of around �£5m for McGregor would not be turned down by the Lloyds Banking Group,

The Rangers PR machine strikers again ffs. Whether the bank run us or not, we get no benefit from telling the media that we are strapped for cash. Christ, we'd be better creating a wall of silence and just not telling the media ANYTHING because everything we tell them shoots us in the feckin foot.

Walter says the bank runs the club

A week later our biggest asset is attracting derisory offers because 'bank run club'

Can we put an employment add in the papers for someone competent in PR and marketing please?

Edited by Totti

Van Der Saar isn't half the keeper he was and hasn't been so for some time. I'm surprised they have not replaced him sooner and they should have kept Foster. Van Der Saar is lucky to have had Rio and Vidic in front of him in recent seasons

Van der Sar is still a quality GK. The reason he's not chucked it or been replaced is because he's miles better than they GKs that SAF has brought in to replace him. He keeps seeing them off!

Having a quality centre back partnership in front of you does help but credit where credit is due. Ferdinand and Vidic are lucky to have Van der Sar behind them. Look at Arsenal, they had Almunia keeping goal. A good GK breeds confidence through the team.

While I can kind of agree with you, you just have to look at Van der Sar at Man Utd. He's improved as he's got older and could possibly go on playing for another season. At 40 though, he probably wants to retire before he does hit the downhill slide.

Alexander is a great GK and when he's been called upon, he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

While McGregor is a Rangers player, I'll always have him as our number 1 but Alexander is a great backup/number 1 GK to have too.

IMO Van Der Saar peaked several years ago. He was particularly shaky in a previous season though I cant recall which

The Rangers PR machine strikers again ffs. Whether the bank run us or not, we get no benefit from telling the media that we are strapped for cash. Christ, we'd be better creating a wall of silence and just not telling the media ANYTHING because everything we tell them shoots us in the feckin foot.

Walter says the bank runs the club

A week later our biggest asset is attracting derisory offers because 'bank run club'

Can we put an employment add in the papers for someone competent in PR and marketing please?

I know what you're saying, but it doesn't really matter. Even if we kept schtum about the situation, word would get out. Even if there were no actual signs we were in trouble, all it would take is one player having a word with his agent to let interested parties know that a cut price bid would probably be accepted. You can't keep stuff like this quiet in a country this small.

I don't want to see McGregor go, but I guess the thing is, if we got the 5M or so to reinvest in other areas of the team, then maybe its a sacrifice worth making as we do have Alexander in the squad. Of course, there is the small issue as to how much you would trust WS to spend the money wisely!

Is this not all gossip at the moment as there's been stories like this for 2/3 years now? There's not been an actual offer or enquiry etc.

I know what you're saying, but it doesn't really matter. Even if we kept schtum about the situation, word would get out. Even if there were no actual signs we were in trouble, all it would take is one player having a word with his agent to let interested parties know that a cut price bid would probably be accepted. You can't keep stuff like this quiet in a country this small.

I don't want to see McGregor go, but I guess the thing is, if we got the 5M or so to reinvest in other areas of the team, then maybe its a sacrifice worth making as we do have Alexander in the squad. Of course, there is the small issue as to how much you would trust WS to spend the money wisely!

Is this not all gossip at the moment as there's been stories like this for 2/3 years now? There's not been an actual offer or enquiry etc.

For all we know we aren't remotely run by the bank and we're just being run by our owner who has little interest in paying for anyone. The media could just think we're being more careful, instead of on the brink of financial meltdown and being completely run by the bank.

Loads of teams are tightening their belts and in much higher debt, not so many have managers telling the press that the bank have entire control over off the field matters. Valencia were in far bigger financial trouble than us but still held onto their prized assets before getting a huge amount for them.