Allan McGregor watched by Arsenal

How much longer does he have left on his contract?. This must put us in a stronger bargaining position??, mind you it is Rangers we are talking about,two pints of lager and a paket of crisps will do!!

As long as it's Golden Wonder Cheese 'n' Onion. :D

I think he's got a good while left on his contract - 3 years possibly.

Rangers could face another major bid for one of their key men as Arsenal are watching goalkeeper Allan McGregor.

Arsene Wenger sent a scout to Tynecastle on Saturday to take in their defeat to Hearts, only days after confirming that his former first choice for the position, Manuel Almunia, may soon leave The Emirates. The Spaniard has not played since September and is now behind Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny as far as Arsenal are concerned. Wenger said Almunia was ââ?¬Å?on standbyââ?¬Â for a possible departure in the January transfer window.

Wenger has been criticised for not addressing the lack of goalkeeping strength at Arsenal and knows that a bid of around �£5m for McGregor would not be turned down by the Lloyds Banking Group, which is effectively running Rangers. The 28-year-old current Scotland No.1 is under contract until the summer of 2013 but the Ibrox club is vulnerable to losing any of its senior players.

Wolves and Nottingham Forest were also represented at Tynecastle on Saturday as Hearts delivered a significant win in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League race.

Rangersââ?¬â?¢ young midfielder Jamie Ness refused to view Saturdayââ?¬â?¢s defeat as a major blow to the championsââ?¬â?¢ defence of the title. ââ?¬Å?It is disappointing to lose but I donââ?¬â?¢t feel it is that big a dent in our title hopes,ââ?¬Â he said. ââ?¬Å?I donââ?¬â?¢t think one result is going to change much as I believe it will still go down to the wire. Hearts have been very consistent in the first half of the season and if they keep that up then they will definitely be up there. If they play like they did against us then they can get a result at Parkhead.

ââ?¬Å?I think if we play like that again when we play them next [at Ibrox in only nine daysââ?¬â?¢ time] then we have to win. We had so many chances in the first half-hour and if you have that many opportunities in any game then you are bound to make the breakthrough.ââ?¬Â

Losing and failing to score immediately after the sale of their top goalscorer could be concerning for Rangers ââ?¬â?? reports that Nacho Novo could return are understood to be without foundation ââ?¬â?? but Ness was confident the effect of Kenny Millerââ?¬â?¢s departure would be lessened by Nikica Jelavicââ?¬â?¢s return to the side after a three-month injury lay-off.

ââ?¬Å?I think we can cope without Kenny,ââ?¬Â said Ness. ââ?¬Å?We have a lot of good players here who can put the ball in the net. Kyle Lafferty was unfortunate he didnââ?¬â?¢t hit the back of the net while Jelavic is still coming back to fitness. Iââ?¬â?¢m sure he will score goals in the second half of the season. In training he is a class act and you can see he is a Ã?£4m striker.ââ?¬Â

Ness has muscled his way into the Rangers side in the past month and brought an impressive combination of quality tackling and elegant distribution. The 19-year-old has held on to his place in the team despite all of Walter Smith�s main central midfield players, Steven Davis, Lee McCulloch and Maurice Edu, also being on from the start on Saturday.

ââ?¬Å?Thatââ?¬â?¢s five games in a row Iââ?¬â?¢ve played now and Iââ?¬â?¢m loving every minute of it,ââ?¬Â said Ness. ââ?¬Å?Hopefully I have done enough to cement a place in the team and I can kick on from here. I feel Iââ?¬â?¢ve settled in well although I have been training with these players for almost two years now. I know everyone really well and I know everyoneââ?¬â?¢s game.ââ?¬Â

The bit in bold says it all really:ffs:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/arsenal-lead-the-pack-as-english-clubs-chase-mcgregor-1.1081407

SSN reporting Arsenal, Man City and another EPL team have all bid around �£5m for him..........:sad:

Really is a depressing time....:cry:

Well if those clubs are interested we can spark off a massive bidding war....or no doubt tell the media we won't sell for a penny less than �£6m :redface:

We should be issuing a hands off warning then leaving it at that. IF they still want him they will bid more. Unfortunately with our horrific PR and constantly telling the media how poor we are, derisory offers are likely unless we get luck like with Hutton and Cuellar and someone goes high.

What I imagine we will tell the media is we don't want to sell him but will for the right price, in other words 'Aye he's pure up for sale guys just give us a half decent amount and hes yours'.

Selling him will likely be a huge mistake. A good goalkeeper is worth his weight in gold and McGregor is in his peak years. People think Alexander can just take over but he's almost 33 and could start to decline very soon.

To get a keeper as consistent McGregor who can perform internationally and in Europe would probably cost most clubs nigh on �£15m +.

Considering how wrong we always get it, I would have little faith in us prudently reinvesting this money, if at all. Knowing us we would spend none of it and end being much worse off than before or spend it all on rubbish and end up in more debt

PS - IF McGregor played for the mhanks the quoted figures would be double at least. They would also have a bit of balls and tell everyone to fuck off.

Edited by Totti

We may or may not sell McGregor and, if the fee was correct (say �£8-10million) then I could understand the rationale in doing so.

However, we won't spend any more than half of any fee received so I'd rather we kept him until the summer where the transfer market usually has a bit more value.