Club Close To Sasa Deal

What the heck? What 30 year old who performs well in the champions league is worth nothing?

I didn't say he was 'worth' nothing, but last year we let our top striker walk out on a free and we're close to doing the same with Miller. We sold Fergie and Adam for peanuts and down south that pair combined are probably now worth something like 5 times what we sold them for. Papac is 31 in 3 weeks btw, so any sensible scout will view him as a 31 yr old, not a 30 yr old. IMO we wouldn't get much (if any) money for him and that's what I said. I didn't say he was worth nothing though...

He's got a few years left in him and could easily do a job in the premiership. Christ, Hibs sold Sol Bamba for 250k.

Maybe you're right, but personally I think it's hard to say how long players have left in them. Papac was taken off with a groin strain today and I certainly don't see him playing as long as the likes of Davie Weir.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Papac is wanting to return home with his family at some point to settle down, so I'm guessing a short term deal suits all parties just now. It would be good to see us bringing a natural LB through at some point though.

I think it's a bloody good job he's not attracted much premiership interest. He's good enough for anyone in England outwith the top 4.

Of League 1, right?

I think Papac is a bit of a cult figure, a modern day Dave MacPherson if you like, who really isn't particularly great but is fairly well respected, has always conducted himself well, and occasionally puts in a really good shift.

Which is fair enough, but some folk are overating him through misty eye affection rather than because he's truly special.

He's a staple performer, who came from a very poor team in a very poor country for football and cost us about �£500k. And we've received precisely what we paid for.