Miller signs for Bursaspor - Undisclosed fee

I don't really hold it against them. We fans think a particular way - we want our players to ideally play for the shirt and to be proud and loyal to the team, like we would be given a minutae of the wage. So when they see a Kenny Miller only too happy to move for money, it does rub many of them up the wrong way and they want rid after that. Despite ability.

Personally while we've lost a great goalscorer, we've gained a great striker in the return of Jelavic which has totally softened for me the blow of losing Miller.

Jelavic will be fine as long as that fuckin rodent Black stays away from him:)

I don't really hold it against them. We fans think a particular way - we want our players to ideally play for the shirt and to be proud and loyal to the team, like we would be given a minutae of the wage. So when they see a Kenny Miller only too happy to move for money, it does rub many of them up the wrong way and they want rid after that. Despite ability.

Personally while we've lost a great goalscorer, we've gained a great striker in the return of Jelavic which has totally softened for me the blow of losing Miller.

But Jelavic has not yet proven he is a great striker. Certainly not for Rangers anyway. The signs most definitely were there before injury, no doubt. But can he get back to that form and can he do it over an extended period on the SPL.... and we also have to consider that his promising early Gers form came about as part of a tandem front two with...... yep, Kenny Miller.

There are so many things which could result in Jelavic not coming back looking as good. Miller could have been integral in his good early form, he may notbe as effective due to the injury sustained - and these are just two. The rigours of the SPL might be another.

I certainly hope you are right - but only time will tell.

If Jelavic comes straight back into the team and stays injury free then I'm sure he is more than capable of making us forget all about Miller. When Boyd left I couldn't see Miller scoring as many goals,or any player for that matter. We moved on then and we'll move on again.

IT was the moment Rangers tabled their best offer.

The very second Martin Bain outlined the deal.

Kenny Miller shook his head and asked the Ibrox chief executive if he really thought the contract extension was good enough.

The stark and honest reply came back... NO.

Miller, at his peak as a player at the age of 31, has quit the SPL champions and signed a �£50,000-a-week deal with Turkish title winners Bursaspor.

And with one swipe of a pen here yesterday, his two-and a-half-year, second-time-around Rangers career was officially OVER.

This morning, as he ponders his new life in Turkey, the Scotland star has revealed to SunSport that he knew last summer his time at Ibrox was up.

Miller said: "Leaving was difficult but I knew it was coming.

"Whether it was now or at the end of the season, I was going to have to leave.

"With the situation the club's in, they made it quite clear to me there was no way I'd be able to sign a contract.

"As much as we tried, and we were back and forth a bit, it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to happen.

"The gaffer was brand new with me from day one.

"But at the start of the season, when we first talked about the possibility of a new deal, he let me know the situation.

"He said then it was highly unlikely I would be offered a new contract even similar to the one I was on.

"That was pre-season before we'd started back and I hoped things might change, that something would happen.

"The gaffer said he wanted to at least make me an offer to stay and the club did that.

"But when you're earning a level of money you live within your means.

"It's not all about money, I loved my time at Rangers and it was great working for the gaffer.

"But for me I just couldn't have afforded to take the deal they offered me. I didn't think I should be taking a pay cut anyway, but it was always going to be tough to sign on the terms offered. As time went on I realised there was no way it was going to happen. The club knew that but I think they felt they had to go through the motions of making an offer.

"At one stage in the talks I had with Martin Bain I actually said to him: 'You can't expect me to sign that, can you?' and his reply was 'probably not'.

"The economics just weren't there, there was no way.

"I've moved about in my career and like a challenge, but when you're settled somewhere there's a lot to be said about making that last as long as possible. But it wasn't to be with Rangers."

Miller could have sat tight and let his Rangers contract run down. But with the risk of being crocked, he decided he had to go NOW.

That's why he pushed for an exit with his agent Dave Baldwin of leading firm Base Soccer working around the clock to find him a new club.

Advertisement

He added: "Now I'm a bit older I thought about what could happen if I did pick up an injury between now and the end of the season when I'd signed a pre-contract.

"Would the club still take me, or would they take me on but on a lesser contract?

"The risks were the same had I decided to sit my contract out and that's something I didn't want to do, which I told the manager and Martin.

"I was straight with them and let them know that if there were opportunities for me to go then that's what I wanted to do.

"To be honest I think it's probably better for the club as well.

"They'll get money in, when they'd have got nothing in the summer, and save on my wages."

Miller's exit, though, is a bitter pill to swallow for the suffering Rangers fans.

He's long since won over the Ibrox supporters who didn't want him back at the club in the first place because he'd crossed the bitter Old Firm divide and played for Celtic. Miller was a brave boy returning, with manager Walter Smith no less courageous.

The goal ace insists he'll forever be indebted to Smith for taking a chance on him - convinced he's the only boss in the business who would have had the nerve to do it.

Miller's 22 goals for Gers this season have been the final instalment in paying back that debt and he stressed: "I feel I've always had a good relationship with the gaffer and I thank him for everything.

"Had it been anyone else in charge of Rangers I don't think I'd have got the opportunity to go back.

"Other managers might have thought about it but I don't think they'd have had the balls to go through with it.

"There was so much opposition from many of the fans, but that didn't bother him and I'll always appreciate that. It means a lot to me that he wanted to take me back there as part of that team.

"We might not have had the talents of a Gascoigne or a Laudrup, but I always felt we were a fantastic group when we were firing.

"When I was at Derby and there was talk of me returning to Rangers, I had pals on the phone telling me what the supporters were singing.

"That might have put other managers off and I remember speaking to him about it, but he told me straight that it didn't bother him one bit.

"He told me he knew my game inside out and was convinced I'd win them over - and I like to think he was proved right.

"We won everything when I went back including the league title, which was the target. I'm leaving now but the club isn't in too bad a position."