Our current position

You think no other manager could have out witted the Lurgan Bigot at Ibrox today, rbr?

People give Wattie a little too much credit considering the amount of times he's been embarrassed by shite football teams.

Strange times at Ibrox. We know we're shit yet everyone seems content. If an Italian club of our stature was so inept the fans would be marching down the streets in protest

Your the one missing the point mate , at this precise moment in time we have no other options , that was and is my entire point , something that some including yourself seem unable to grasp . If you knew my history then yiou would see that I am no lover of Walters tactics especially in Europe , however under these specific circumstances there is no other man I would want at the helm of our once great club.

Until we get new owners and a new banking arrangement with which ever bank we move to then we are working with a handicap , changing managers just now will not change that no matter how many times you post the same point.

Walter has incredibly limited options and with this small squad you need to get them up for each and every game both physically and mentally, week in, week out. The team spirit has been there for all to see, so I don't see how changing the manager is going to help at all just now. I think that's the last thing we should be considering. I agree that Smith might not be the man to take us forward, but that's not really his priority just now, he's got to make the most of a bad situation and seems to be doing a bloody good job.

I keep hearing he's doing a great job with a small squad but is it not largely his fault the squad is so small? He spent about �£6m in the summer, the amount most SPL managers could only dream of spending. Surely he could have signed some more backup. He spent a lot when he first came, largely on mediocrity.

I keep hearing he's doing a great job with a small squad but is it not largely his fault the squad is so small? He spent about �£6m in the summer, the amount most SPL managers could only dream of spending. Surely he could have signed some more backup. He spent a lot when he first came, largely on mediocrity.

You mean guys like Weir, Thomson, Whittaker, Cuellar, Bougherra, Miller, Mendes ? Yep, largely mediocrity :rolleyes: - sure there is the Velicka and Lafferty but to suggest he spent a ton of money largely on mediocrity is churlish.

And the size of the squad isnt of his own doing. He lost a ton of players because they couldnt, or the bank/Murray/Bain wouldnt, offer some players new contracts. And if you then say "he should have spent the 6mill on replacing them with more players" then, again, you would likely be in the small minority who wanted us to spend money on squad fillers rather than starters.

I'm over it. on the way to the boozer, I had to laugh at radio snyde making out like Celtic had won something tangible. The lip service they were paying towards Celtic was hilarious.

We were poor but so where they. Our biggest opponent is the amount of games we have and squad size, not Celtic.

it was a bad day at the office, nothing else. given the way celtic have been going about their business over the last month or two im not really bothered. one swallow does not make a summer and im quite happy for them to believe that they are in fact world beaters again and everything is rosie in their garden.

that suits us just fine.

This is one area though where Rangers can't have it both ways. While we have been down-sizing, our wage bill and money spent on actual fees is still significantly more than at all other clubs outside of Celtic. So should we not be expecting more from the team against those sides in the SPL? Why are we struggling to beat many of the teams in the comprehensive way that we used to while still out-spending them?

Does that not give some credence to the accusation that WS is under-performing despite winning trophies? Why bother spending this sort of money, should we not be getting in a manager who can do more with the resources at our disposal in the first place?

And yes, I think WS has done a great job, just acknowledging some other aspects of the debate :)