Fleck wouldn't have been on our bench as often as he has if there was a major problem.

But why is playing a RB at LM a better option than playing a natural left footed attacking player there?

Something's not right.

But why is playing a RB at LM a better option than playing a natural left footed attacking player there?

Something's not right.

Whittaker's been excellent at times when played there or on the right wing, so I don't see it as a major issue. Apart from anything else, Wylde has actually looked more promising as an attacking left midfielder than Fleck.

Whittaker's been excellent at times when played there or on the right wing, so I don't see it as a major issue. Apart from anything else, Wylde has actually looked more promising as an attacking left midfielder than Fleck.

Whittaker has been god awful this season for us. No point having a good season then following it up with an absolute stinker.

Whittaker has been god awful this season for us. No point having a good season then following it up with an absolute stinker.

Very inconsistent so far and not getting the goals he's capable of, so I think that's why Walter changed it around and put Foster at RB when Papac returned. It certainly didn't work great for us yesterday, but there was a whole list of problems and things that went wrong yesterday.

We're not even half way through the SPL fixtures for the season though, so Whittaker has time to improve assuming he keeps a place in the starting line-ups.

Very inconsistent so far and not getting the goals he's capable of, so I think that's why Walter changed it around and put Foster at RB when Papac returned. I certainly didn't work great for us yesterday, but there was a whole list of problems and things that went wrong yesterday.

Saying Whittaker is "very inconsistent" is an understatement. He's been atrocious this season! I was hoping he'd kick on from last season but he's going backwards at an alarming rate. I'm not making him a scapegoat for yesterdays shambles as it was others mistakes that cost us but Whittaker needs to buck up his ideas. A wee spell on the bench might do the trick.

A wee spell on the bench might do the trick.

Same goes for more than Whittaker. If we had a stronger, deeper squad I'd want most of them to have to fight for a start and to keep their place. Davis, McCuilloch and others should all have to prove they deserve to play week-in-week-out, but we just don't have enough experience in numbers to do it. If we left out Davis, Jig and Whittaker for just one match we'd be fielding an untested team other than maybe the odd bounce game. Maybe that's what we need, although I'm not so certain that we'd still be in the title race if Walter had been dropping our key players left, right and center. It's hard to say.

I must admit that Ness did show more today than Hutton has done in the games he has played

I'd disagree with that. Hutton did well in the CL after a shaky start. Ness started well but ended up misplacing a lot of passes, refused to run with the ball into space on a few occasions and resorted to going for the "hero" pass too often when there was better options. He did well considering the situation, but so did Hutton.

Why? Hutton comes into the team and does well. Ness comes into the team and does well. Fleck comes into the team and is anonymous.

IM not sure about this comment untill fleck plays a run of games we will never know , the odd 10-15 mins here and there are not doing the boy any good.

You have to go back to Ronald De Boer and Mikel Arteta to see the last real creative talents, which is a long time ago.

Obviously we can no longer afford players of that quality but for gods sake we can still get half decent players capable of creating in the spl and putting on a little bit of a 'show'.