Gordon pulled of save of the season in the Sunderland v Bolton match....its was Seaman esk from the FA cup semi against Sheff Utd years ago.

What got me annoyed was pundit Gary O Reilly coming out with Scots keepers dont usually do that sort of thing....what a wank....Goram, Leighton, Sullivan (to an extent), McGregor and Gordon easily match Englands best keepers of late. Seaman was up there with the best but so was Goram and Leighton.

Seaman was overrated. Decent, but not as good as made out and was fortunate to have a very good defence in front of him at club level and most of that defence at international. Made a lot of poor errors.

He made errors during the latter stages of his career. During the early days he was top class.

He made errors during the latter stages of his career. During the early days he was top class.

Don't get me wrong. He was a good keeper. But whilst the English tried to convince us he was world class, cream of the crop, he was just good. England didn't have any truly world class keepers during his prime and so tried to make out he was better than he was.

I thought Seaman wasnt far off Schmeichel and would be one of the best keepers the Premier League has had. I think it was his unfashionable style that didnt appeal too all. I still cant beleive he saved Daillys header at Wembley that would have put us 2-0 up.

Even Schmeichel had the odd error. But I cant recall Goram making a mistake. During the 90s those 2 were as good as it got.