Carling Nations Cup

Didnt realise this kicks off early February. The first match is played in Feb then the remaining 2 games in May. IMO all games would have been better within in the same week however that would mean having all 4 sets of supporters in 1 city for the week so from the point of view I can see sense in it being split for fans are only around for 3 days.

Im quite looking forward to it and find it way better than needless friendlies. Having a competitive set of matches can only blend the national team better in time for WC and EC qualifiers.

Fixtures all in Dublin:

8 Feb 2011

Rep Ireland v Wales

9 Feb 2011

Scotland v N Ireland

23 May 2011

Rep Ireland v N Ireland

24 May 2011

Scotland v Wales

26 May 2011

Wales v N Ireland

27 May

Rep Ireland v Scotland

This thing has no credibility (a) without England and (b) with ROI.

Cant agree with that especially (a) without England. If they think they are too good for it then they can piss off. Id love them to be involved but so what if they are not. If it was called Home nations or British Cup then your correct but its a nations cup therefore it doesnt matter who is in it.

Cant agree with that especially (a) without England. If they think they are too good for it then they can piss off. Id love them to be involved but so what if they are not. If it was called Home nations or British Cup then your correct but its a nations cup therefore it doesnt matter who is in it.

You can be absolutely certain the tournament would be taken ten times more seriously with England in it. When people start taking something seriously it becomes credible. My guess is that the majority of fans couldn't give a damn about this 'Celtic Cup' or whatever they've branded it.

In the past we have done rubbish against Wales well under the 2 worst managers in my lifetime in Vogts and Burley. We lost 4-0 or 4-1 under Vogts and 3-0 under Burley both results shameful embarrassments but unfortunately Wales actually have a reasonable group of players we have Darren Fletcher...

We drew with NI as well which at home 2 years ago which is also not good enough.

So I fear we may be last.