Boyd Desperate To Return To Ibrox

Only post I see getting the point I got is Zappa's. It's a story from the Sun without any quotes from the player and qualifies for 4 tenuous lines presumably at the bottom of another story (I didn't click the link).

It's a story from nothing.

HOWEVER...I would absolutely not take Kris Boyd for no transfer fee back even on less wages than he had here. I couldn't wait to get rid of him.

So you think we were playing better when Boyd was here ?

Our best form last season, when Boyd was at Rangers, coincided with his injury. Coincidence ?

Our best form was last December while Boyd was still playing and scoring for us, so I think you might be getting mixed up. In December he scored 2 against Falkirk, 2 against St.Johnstone, 1 against Motherwell, 1 against Hibs and 5 against Dundee United. That's a total of 11 goals in 6 SPL games that month and only 2 of the 11 were penalties. The only game he didn't score in that month was the 0-3 win at Tannadice when Miller scored 2 and Beasley scored his wonder-goal.

Who would you have him replace up front ??

In our current squad I'd have Boyd playing before Beattie or Lafferty.

All pretty irrelevant at the end of the day, but it's been an interesting discussion :)

Edited by Zappa

I was a great fan of Boyd during his time here, and had hoped he would stay right up until the day he left.

However, I am most definately in the one-time only brigade, and the only one I think has done himself justice with a return to the club is our current manager.

Any player who chooses to leave our great club should not be allowed back. That in itself doesn't really stack up as players like Gattuso and Gio went on to become much better players and to say we would not have welcomed them back at the peak of their careers is just plain silly. However when talking about guys who were also Rangers fans and chose to leave, the door should remain firmly closed in my book.

Boyd could have chosen to stay and try to break Ally's goals records at the club, but decided to go to a club a fraction of the size of us, and while I wish him well wherever he goes, that shouldn't include a return to us.

Gotta say that although I've got involved in the discussion here about Boyd, I'm really not buying this whole story. Not at all.

Having looked into it, there's no tangible evidence that any of this is actually true. The original article about Mowbray wanting to offload Boyd in January was actually published in the Record back on Nov 22nd only a week or two after Mowbray had been praising Boyd and commenting that he was a vital player in the squad. Who wrote the Nov 22nd article? - Mark Guidi

Boyd is Boro's top scorer and has a 1 in 2 goal ratio which many Boro fans are actually pleased with. There is nothing in the press down south about Mowbray wanting rid of Boyd or Boyd looking for a move back to Rangers other than a few references to what the Daily Record's articles on the subject have said.

I don't doubt that Boyd regrets his move and would rather be back here, but I'm not going to believe Mark Guidi or the Daily Retard's breaking news.

Tony Mowbray speaking to BBC Tees two days ago regarding a number of rumoured player departures -

"I give short shrift to speculation in newspapers about footballers, as a manager I've had it for the last six or seven years."

"In my first job at Hibernian every player was being sold in the first few weeks I got there, it never materialised."

"Journalism is what it is, people have to sell newspapers and have to fill column inches, people have a job to do and are under pressure from their editors so they sometimes smudge the issues or a rumour gets started to get a story in there."

"The only time those things become serious to me is when the phone rings and a manager is asking about a player's availability and that hasn't happened."

I was a great fan of Boyd during his time here, and had hoped he would stay right up until the day he left.

However, I am most definately in the one-time only brigade, and the only one I think has done himself justice with a return to the club is our current manager.

Any player who chooses to leave our great club should not be allowed back. That in itself doesn't really stack up as players like Gattuso and Gio went on to become much better players and to say we would not have welcomed them back at the peak of their careers is just plain silly. However when talking about guys who were also Rangers fans and chose to leave, the door should remain firmly closed in my book.

Boyd could have chosen to stay and try to break Ally's goals records at the club, but decided to go to a club a fraction of the size of us, and while I wish him well wherever he goes, that shouldn't include a return to us.

In total agreement here, was a fan of him, but a very poorly thought out move away from the champions.

Leaving to join a far smaller club than Rangers, when he probably could have at least went to the premiership with Newcastle and worse still, joing that wee ginger tit.

Made your bed Boydy. I think its innevitable this story would "appear" though

Terrific post ... expresses my point of view exactly. Loved having him at Rangers but when you break that bond I'm afraid it's best if it stays broken.