Boyd Desperate To Return To Ibrox

Craig, he already WAS trying to improve his game and we saw a noticeable improvement from him in terms of link-up play etc. There's no reason why Boyd couldn't continue to improve as a striker with the right coaching, hard work and sheer determination. If he wants back he should be told we want him to commit to doing that.

Lets not forget that Boyd was worth several million when he was scoring goals for us, so if we could get him back for hee haw and help him improve, he'd be worth some decent money again in a year or two.

He should have moved to Kayseri to play for Shotta, but he's probably not the type of person to uproot and move somewhere like Turkey. Was checking how they're doing last week & Shotta has Kayserispor doing fantastic in the turkish league.

He had 4 YEARS to try to improve whilst at Rangers - and he spent probably 9 months actually making the effort to improve. 9 months in a 4 yr period isnt good enough.

Further, whilst most of us, me included, acknowledged that he did seem to be trying to improve his overall game this perceived better effort was curtailed when he got injured last November. When he returned we saw the Boyd of old (to cut him some slack he was coming back from injury) who was not trying an ounce.

The evidence suggests that he would not try to improve were he to return. There are reasons why we could suggest he would (made a mistake in leaving, want to prove himself again etc etc) but those things are all things he could, and should, be doing at Middlesborough i.e. he should be trying to prove he can do it at a higher level than the SPL - yet both Strachan and Mowbray have said he needs to improve his overall game. At Middlesborough I havent seen him doing that, have you ?

His effort at improving his game has lasted no longer than a year.

Would I have him before Lafferty ? Yes. Would I have him before Miller ? No, not currently. Would I have him as a squad player on same or less wages than he left for ? Yes. Would he move back to Scotland for such a paycut ? Who knows.

The one thing though is that RFC have proven they can survive without being held to ransom by Boyd. He had plenty of opportunities to commit to the club, he was offered parity with the highest paid players, he made noises about WS staying on would be massive in his re-signing etc etc etc - but still left.

Does RFC need him ? I dont think so. Not presently and, as I said, not unless we sold Miller.

He had 4 YEARS to try to improve whilst at Rangers - and he spent probably 9 months actually making the effort to improve. 9 months in a 4 yr period isnt good enough.

We've got absolutely no idea how long Boyd spent trying to improve, so your 9 month figure is a bit pointless.

Further, whilst most of us, me included, acknowledged that he did seem to be trying to improve his overall game this perceived better effort was curtailed when he got injured last November. When he returned we saw the Boyd of old (to cut him some slack he was coming back from injury) who was not trying an ounce.

IMO he was brought back in too early after the hernia op'. I'm no expert, but I did some research into hernia ops for sportsmen at the time and Boyd wasn't out of action for the recommended period after such an operation.

The evidence suggests that he would not try to improve were he to return. There are reasons why we could suggest he would (made a mistake in leaving, want to prove himself again etc etc) but those things are all things he could, and should, be doing at Middlesborough i.e. he should be trying to prove he can do it at a higher level than the SPL - yet both Strachan and Mowbray have said he needs to improve his overall game. At Middlesborough I havent seen him doing that, have you ?

Firstly! - Since Kenny Miller came back to Rangers he's been a totally different player from he ever was at Rangers or any other club. I wouldn't expect the same transformation if Boyd were to return, but there's a fair chance that he'd try his very best if given another chance here.

Secondly! - I haven't watched Boro (who would want to tbh), but I do have some stats for their main strikers in the Championship this season! :boogie:

• Boyd - 1143 mins played - 5 goals

• McDonald - 1464 mins played - 3 goals

• Lita - 961 mins played - 2 goals

His effort at improving his game has lasted no longer than a year.

If you say so! :boogie:

Would I have him before Lafferty ? Yes. Would I have him before Miller ? No, not currently. Would I have him as a squad player on same or less wages than he left for ? Yes. Would he move back to Scotland for such a paycut ? Who knows.

The one thing though is that RFC have proven they can survive without being held to ransom by Boyd. He had plenty of opportunities to commit to the club, he was offered parity with the highest paid players, he made noises about WS staying on would be massive in his re-signing etc etc etc - but still left.

Does RFC need him ? I dont think so. Not presently and, as I said, not unless we sold Miller.

Boydy, Jelavic & Miller together in the squad, that's where it's at!!! (not all playing at the same time btw) :boogie:

Lafferty & Beattie can GTF.

Edited by Zappa

We've got absolutely no idea how long Boyd spent trying to improve, so your 9 month figure is a bit pointless.

IMO he was brought back in too early after the hernia op'. I'm no expert,

Are you suggesting that Boyd was trying to improve for less than 4 years? If so then he can GTF, as you you so politely put it. :D

Boyd is being punted from Middlesbrough for his lack of effort. Why would he do better here?

Was he also rushed back too early from a hernia op during his first 3 years with the club? :fish:

Put it another way for you then Zappa....

If Boyd WAS trying to improve for his full 4 years then he is.. PISH because his all-round play was poor for the first 3 years he was here and whilst he did improve in his last year it wasnt enough. He is a goalscorer, nothing else and we will likely have to agree to disagree on this but his all round play wont improve from where it is, which isnt good enough. So we either take his goalscoring and little else or we move on.

And to be quite blunt, we have looked a better team this season without Boyd in it. Would we be playing worse with Boyd in the team just now ? None of us know - but I know I am reasonably happy with the number of chances we are creating - it may, or may not, be coincidental that this has happened after Boyd left.

Question for you though.... why should we expect Boyd to make more of an effort if he were to come back to us from an unsuccessful stint in England ? Compare to when he signed for his "boyhood heroes" 4 or 5 years ago - should he not have been going flat out to make himself the all round striker when he signed for us 1st time round given it was his dream move ?

Sorry, but there are absolutely ZERO indications that Boyd would work hard to improve should he re-sign. Miller is scoring more goals than Boyd was and, whilst his overall game has suffered somewhat because of his now role as goal provider, he still offers the team more than Boyd ever did.

Miller or Boyd ? Miller for me thanks.

Boyd or Lafferty or Beattie ? unfair on Beattie as he has been injured for much of the campaign but he hasnt shown a great deal. But I would probably take Boyd over both. That said, if Boyd came back to be a squad player... how long before he mumps and moans and creates upset in the dressing-room ?

I am with the no thanks brigade. We are far more mobile in attack, and more players are scoring goals. Sorry Zappa but i disagree that Boyds departure is not the reason other players are playing better although it is hard to prove one way or the other. As in a chain a week link does make for a week chain. If you have no movement up front then it would be difficult for Naismith and Davis to make the runs they are now making. As i said no one knows for sure.

And to be quite blunt, we have looked a better team this season without Boyd in it. Would we be playing worse with Boyd in the team just now ? None of us know - but I know I am reasonably happy with the number of chances we are creating - it may, or may not, be coincidental that this has happened after Boyd left.

I'm not buying into this 'we're looking a better team since Boyd left' rubbish (not quoting you here). The fact of the matter is that the team has been changing/been in a state of flux like most other football teams. Last summer we sold our captain and main man in midfield - Fergie. In January we sold Mendes, a player we'd been using frequently. This summer we let Boyd & Novo go who were both players we used frequently. Add to all of this the fact that Edu came back into the team, Naismith has started to shine and we brought in Weiss and it starts to paint a pretty clear picture as to why we're playing differently. That picture does not have Boyd as the focal point if we're looking for reasons that the team are playing better, differently or whatever. Contrary to local folklore, the team was never built around Boyd. He's a striker. A striker that scored a LOT of goals for us and that's about it really, but a striker that scores a lot of goals for us is better to have on the books than one who doesn't.

I'm not buying into this 'we're looking a better team since Boyd left' rubbish (not quoting you here). The fact of the matter is that the team has been changing/been in a state of flux like most other football teams. Last summer we sold our captain and main man in midfield - Fergie. In January we sold Mendes, a player we'd been using frequently. This summer we let Boyd & Novo go who were both players we used frequently. Add to all of this the fact that Edu came back into the team, Naismith has started to shine and we brought in Weiss and it starts to paint a pretty clear picture as to why we're playing differently. That picture does not have Boyd as the focal point if we're looking for reasons that the team are playing better, differently or whatever. Contrary to local folklore, the team was never built around Boyd. He's a striker. A striker that scored a LOT of goals for us and that's about it really, but a striker that scores a lot of goals for us is better to have on the books than one who doesn't.

Depends on if he scores some and has 80 assists.

So you think we were playing better when Boyd was here ?

Our best form last season, when Boyd was at Rangers, coincided with his injury. Coincidence ?

All I know is we have more points at this stage than we had last season - I am content with that. Give me the choice of keeping who we have or bringing Boyd in to take one of the starters place and I say stick with who we have.

Who would you have him replace up front ??