Regan praises rescue refs

Weiss hits out at Hooper

Rangers winger Vladimir Weiss has defended Scotland’s under-fire referees and criticised Celtic striker Gary Hooper for his comments about controversial whistler Dougie McDonald.

Hooper was at the centre of the Tannadice penalty furore in which McDonald overturned his decision to award Celtic a spot kick, and the fall-out from the match has escalated in recent weeks.

This weekend’s fixture card was thrown into chaos after Scotland’s officials voted to strike, only to replaced by foreign referees, but Weiss has sympathy for the men in the middle.

“I think the standard has been okay,” he said. “It is not easy to be a referee, you always have to make big decisions.

“I think what Hooper at Celtic said the other week about the referee finishing his career, I think it was ridiculous what he said.

“I don’t think that is what a player should say about a referee.

“Obviously, everybody makes mistakes, players make mistakes and referees make mistakes as well.

“There is always talk and a lot of criticising in the English Premier League and obviously in the SPL as well. As players, we just have to get on with it.”

The Slovakian has impressed for Walter Smith’s side so far this season since moving to Ibrox on loan from Manchester City and the 20-year-old has not ruled out prolonging his stay north of the border.

Weiss said. “I would like to play for Man City but, at the moment, I am really enjoying it at Rangers. I think it is too early to talk about it. It is a very, very good club to be at.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/vladimir-weiss-hits-out-at-gary-hooper-ref-blast-1.1071074

The Slovakian has impressed for Walter Smith’s side so far this season since moving to Ibrox on loan from Manchester City and the 20-year-old has not ruled out prolonging his stay north of the border.

Weiss said. “I would like to play for Man City but, at the moment, I am really enjoying it at Rangers. I think it is too early to talk about it. It is a very, very good club to be at.”

Bit off topic but related to the quoted article...

I think this line of questioning is really unfair and ulimately stupid. By saying he doesn't want to continue to play for Rangers would be a snub to his temporary club, manager, team and fans. Saying he does sounds like he's snubbing his real club, manager, team and fans.

There is only one magnamanous way to answer the question and that is exactly what he maturely gave.

However, as there is only one tactful answer, it makes the original question and final conclusion totally meaningless - so why even ask it? Unless it's to try and trip him up...

The real question they are asking is, "Are you young and naive enough to let slip an opinion that we can twist to your detriment?"

Bit off topic but related to the quoted article...

I think this line of questioning is really unfair and ulimately stupid. By saying he doesn't want to continue to play for Rangers would be a snub to his temporary club, manager, team and fans. Saying he does sounds like he's snubbing his real club, manager, team and fans.

There is only one magnamanous way to answer the question and that is exactly what he maturely gave.

However, as there is only one tactful answer, it makes the original question and final conclusion totally meaningless - so why even ask it? Unless it's to try and trip him up...

The real question they are asking is, "Are you young and naive enough to let slip an opinion that we can twist to your detriment?"

I think that's his 2nd or 3rd time of answering the same question since he's been here. No doubt it won't be his last.

Both Regan and Doncaster are well out of their depth's and should go .

Regan is definitely out of his depth. There's no WAY he has the necessary experience for that position at the SFA. Doncaster is a different story though, as he does arguably have the experience required for his position.