Celtic- Rangers

Celtic Rangers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic

01 A Boruc

02 P Telfer

05 G Caldwell

44 S McManus

03 L Naylor

25 S Nakamura

18 N Lennon

16 T Gravesen

46 A McGeady

10 J Vennegoor of Hesselink

09 K Miller

Substitutes

22 D Marshall, 15 E Sno, 29 S Maloney, 07 M Zurawski, 06 B Balde, 11 S Pearson, 48 D O'Dea

Rangers

22 A McGregor

20 A Hutton

27 J Rodriguez

05 S Papac

26 S Smith

17 C Burke

06 B Ferguson

07 B Hemdani

09 D Prso

25 C Adam

15 K Boyd

Substitutes

34 L Robinson, 11 G Rae, 14 L Sionko, 19 K Svensson, 23 F Sebo, 04 T Buffel, 32 L Martin

Ref: D McDonald

18 mins Sounds like a good open game!

We were nowhere in the first half, and I lost count of the amount of times we had the ball wide high up the park but nobody in the middle except boyd- where's the midfiels pushing forward? Celtic showed exactly what happens when the midfield gamble and support the strikers, Graverson's goal an example.

beginning to feel a bit uneasy about le guen's suitabilty to this job- no doubt at all that he's a great manager and has had success in the past, but I don't know if he really understands what's required as rangers manager.

I'd like to see novo given a run in the team- he always runs his socks off and gives 100% ,proven goal scorer against the tic aswell.

i think all this talk of poor tactics etc is simply misplaced. when i looked at the game today i saw a team of largely accomplished players (in key positions), against a team of largely unaccomplished players. no amount of tactics can change that.

the truth is that even if our younger players will one day be better than the seasoned pro's that celtic have (and i think they will), its going to take time.

my assessment

mcgregor - did fine, wasn't at fault for either goal

hutton - unaccomplished, poor distribution, but good energy

smith - see hutton

papac - altogether decent game, didnt look out of place

rodriguez - decent in patches, just not very commanding

ferguson - absolute drifter, needs matches, but was entirely absent

adam - rash, unaccomplished, will be a good player in time, but not the finished article

hemdani - quietly effective, but not commanding

burke - again, largely uninvolved, poor final product

prso - our best player as usual, a seasoned grafter

boyd - does nothing outside the box, unlucky not to score

remember, celtic had two clear cut chances and scored them, we had two clear cut chances and hit the bar and was cleared off the line.

we just need time, imho.

:mad: 5 games without scoring against them and 3 games at the moment without scoring(Boydy was unlucky) simply not good enough. If PLG thought the pressure was bad before it's about to get worse. Tactics didn't work today - not for the first time. Overrun in the middle, weak at both full backs. Papac did OK and Hemdani was pretty solid apart from that we were mince - AGAIN:admin:

Only saw the 2nd half due to work but I thought we were unlucky. A little bit of luck and we could have had 2 goals from Prso's header and Boyd who hit the bar. I thought the tactics were ok we just seemed to get caught on the break chasing the game for Celtic's 2nd goal