STEVIE NAISMITH is ready to commit his future to Rangers.

Naisy, 24, has been touted for a move to England after a dazzling start to the season.

October's SPL player of the month is in no rush to quit Rangers. Ex-Ibrox star Mark Walters said last week that the Ayrshire ace was destined to be a Premier League star.

Naismith said: "It's great to hear this from guys who have played in the game, and at a high level, but I'm not going to get carried away.

"It's the first season where I have really managed to play every week for Rangers.

"I'm playing my best football, but I know what the whole speculation thing is like.

"Before I moved to Rangers I had a bit of that as well. I'm happy just now and have 18 months on my contract.

"I'm not going to sit here and say I'm going in to talk about a new deal, I'm just happy to play.

"If Rangers want to talk about a new deal that's great and I'd definitely be interested in that, but there are guys at the club everyone wants tied down before myself."

Naismith is in the form of his life for club and country after bouncing back from two career-threatening injuries.

The ex-Killie star, set to face Hibs at Ibrox tonight, said:

"I feel as if I've got back on track from where I was.

"I'm feeling a big part of it and that has been the biggest thing that has driven me on."

Meanwhile, Gers have finally landed French- Algerian winger Salim Kerkar on loan until the end of the season.

Boss Walter Smith moved after Kerkar impressed on a trial set up on the recommendation of Madjid Bougherra.

Assistant Ally McCoist said: "He is a lad who is shaping up well.

"He is a nice lad, but, more importantly, he has a good left foot."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3219901/Naisy-Id-love-to-stay.html#ixzz14s3oI8lz