The top leagues in football

I think Pete's point was the German league being above Italy in Gazza8's list? Which is of course absurd. I won't even bother comparing the top Italian teams to German :whistle:.

Nah I think Pete just wanted to announce the Dutch team winning this evening :D

Aye, was a cracking result. Did you watch it ? did the game hinge on Frings being sent off ?

Unfortunately my Sky connection has crashed so i couldn't watch the Rangers game. I listened to it on BBC Radio until i got pissed off and looked at the Twenty score. That was funnily enough just as Frings got sent off. While Twenty had the best chances in the first half as well yes the sending off was the turning point. Take into account Twenty lost their two most important midfielders and had to play 2 youth players in midfield then it was a fantastic result for them. Some were hoping Rangers would get them in the CL well thank god we didn't.

I absolutely hate the Spanish league at times for the ridiculous card waving and diving, granted its probably the best, happens in most foreign leagues, sometimes in all leagues. The english league 2 years previous was probably the best, sank after the Moscow final imo.

I would say the German League is close to Italy.

It rotates, in the 90s Serie A was by far the best standard then La Liga came strong. In the last 5 years the English Premier has been strong with 3 or 4 clubs regularly getting to at least the semi's and the so called big 4 all being in the final for 5 years running (Liverpool 05, Arsenal 06, liverpool 07, Man Utd / Chelsea 08, Man Utd 09) but now it seems to be a bit more even with the Spanish and Italians getting stronger again.

Personally Id rather watch the Bundesliga ahead of la Liga unless its Barca v Real. I find the German league entertaining and some good football on show.

Chelsea are the strongest at the moment in EPL and agree with the opening post Man Utd are on a bit of a decline (although it could be a rebuild), had they got a player like Van Der Vaart, Kaka, Sneijder, Ozil then they would be a different team. Arsenal for me are a keeper, top defender and a bit of good luck with injuries away from easily being the best side in England.

Edited by Gribz