This Sunday: 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 - You decide!

4-4-2, 4-5-1. 5-4-1 or, erm, 4-6-0: You Decide!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 4-4-2, 4-5-1. 5-4-1 or, erm, 4-6-0: You Decide!

• 4-4-2: Let's get at them!
    • 4-5-1: Caution and balance please!
    • 5-4-1: Why change a winning formula?
    • 4-6-0: I love bespectacled clowns

4-4-2 for me.

Their back 4 has not really been tested so far in the SPL so I would be reluctant to give them an easy ride. Its a shame Beattie isn't going to be fit as I'd like to see him match up and take Loovens and Masterovic on physically; and hopefully give them a bit of a going over.

Plus the 4-4-2 can easily become a 4-5-1 should we need to go defensive.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4-2-3-1 Real Madrid-esque formation. 2 holding players, Davis in front making runs forward, Weiss + Naismith on the flanks and Miller up front. That could really destroy them and is a balanced system as long as the wingers track back.

I'm really not a fan of 4-4-2 anymore, unless you have a really strong front pairing. 4-5-1/4-3-3 is the future of football. Adaptable and less rigid. It's a testement to our team though that we can play literally any formation admirably. We're strong all over the park.

Edited by Totti

Lets not give this mob any credit for being a team we should give any respect to.

I can understand going more cautious against Man U or Valencia, or even Bursaspor to an extent, but against a team that have proven to be a poor side when up against anyone who goes at them, we should be treating them just like playing Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts away from home. 4-4-2 outplay them all over the park and win the match.

5-4-1 for me too. It's worked wonders for us in the CL so why change it? We always seem to goto Celtic Park and let them attack us and offer very little going forward. I feel a 5-4-1 will allow us attack them on the counter yet still leave a number of players at the back to cover.

I think Celtic are a better team than many people think. They've won 17 games on the trot. Yes, they've had the easier start to the season than us but credit where credit is due.

5-4-1 for me too. It's worked wonders for us in the CL so why change it? We always seem to goto Celtic Park and let them attack us and offer very little going forward. I feel a 5-4-1 will allow us attack them on the counter yet still leave a number of players at the back to cover.

I think Celtic are a better team than many people think. They've won 17 games on the trot. Yes, they've had the easier start to the season than us but credit where credit is due.

Have they fuck. You listening to the mhedia again Gav ? :flipa:

They got pumped by Utrecht and pumped by Braga.

This "won 17 on the trot" gets rolled out whenever they want to make themselves look better than they are. They have won 17 league games on the trot but, along with those Braga and Utrecht losses, the Cup semi defeat to Ross County is also in the mix.

17 league games on the trot, yes. 17 on the trot, no.

Now, that said, I do agree that they arent as bad as being made out. I watched the game against Utd last week (at least the 2nd half) and Celtic broke quickly, which is why I think the 5-4-1 is custom-made for us this weekend. Let them hit us and then when they have committed forward and lost the ball, hit quickly on the break - those two big muppets at the back simply wont have the speed or agility to cope with Weiss, Davis, Naismith and Miller.

5-4-1 for me this weekend. Our 5-4-1 quickly becomes a 3-5-2 anyway as the full-backs get forward and Naismith seems to end up supporting Miller more as a striking partner.

It's strange that so many still believe the 5-4-1 is a defensive line up!!!!!!!. However oor Wattie will decide and I don't care what formation he chooses as I believe we will batter the BHEASTS in their own midden