Ian Crocker

Guest christophski

Seven minutes, this place is losing its touch :D

Edit: I now see that wasn't a bite at the Provan comment...:)

No I thought Proven was pretty fair. Andy Walker! Fuck me Kelvingrove park is so far away. Ten Aspirin.

My favourite memory of Andy Walker is his rancid pus tripping him as he announced on STV that Rangers had beaten Fiorentina on penalties and had made it to the UEFA Cup Final.

In a fit of wild optimism I actually thought he was going to do away with himself that night.

My favourite memory of Andy Walker is his rancid pus tripping him as he announced on STV that Rangers had beaten Fiorentina on penalties and had made it to the UEFA Cup Final.

In a fit of wild optimism I actually thought he was going to do away with himself that night.

Maybe worth a thread on it's own. Andy Walker Moments. No please not!!!

Crocker is just a bit rubbish, I also think Provan is pretty good. I really like Jim Beglin actually, surprised he doesn't get a bigger gig. Pre/post-match wise, I wish one of the big companies would give James Richardson a job. And I cannae stand Lawrenson and Shearer....

I think Provan is very fair in his assessment - not sure it would be that way against the Time right enough. but he does say it as he sees it - and last night I thought he was again very fair - even made mention that Rangers, on another night, would have won 4 or 5-1.

Crocker said some negative things but, that said, did anyone notice how elevated his voice became when Edu scored the opener ? I dont think that tone is something that he would replicate if he hated us.

Also, one thing to remember, his negative comments (or at least some of them) are not uncommon amongst ourselves. His strting line of "hoping for the best but fearing for the worst" is a line that I bet a large number of our fans would have been in agreement with. If we are honest with ourselves..... hoping for a win or draw against a quality team like Valencia isnt a stretch.

Also, being underdogs in the group naturally gives commentators the tendency to use negative connotations - it is natural behaviour when talking about underdogs.

I didnt think Crocker was that bad and certainly IMO wasnt biased.

Crocker would be fine if he didn't repeat himself so often. What's that Ido? Davie Weir's quite old? If I hadn't heard you say it four times a game this season I'd never have known. Was he doing the commentary for sky last night? Isn't it usually someone else for European games?

I like Provan, can't stand Walker. Dunno about bias, but Walker's just a knob. Burley, however, is the worst summariser and pundit I've ever heard (no comments Gribzy, you're just wrong!).