That was the week - that was

Guest PTB

Because in this case there's nothing anti Rangers?

Christ, because you don't see diddy club players being hung for various offences you take that as an attack on Rangers.

How can we be the 'victims' when we're not being targeted.

btw, central West Scotland press is the most important in the country, and it doesn't sell a paper to complain about Zander Diamond. It does to plaster Boruc over the front page, or McGregor.

The OF are always targeted, but most fans overlook the attacks on the other team.

Gah, I am done here, I can see I'm in the minority so I'll bow out. Pointless to continue.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why The Sun chose to describe comments about "running over protestants" as "vile comments about the Pope". Seriously.

Are we "not being targeted"? Really?

It's not paranoia if it's actually happening ;)

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why The Sun chose to describe comments about "running over protestants" as "vile comments about the Pope". Seriously.

Are we "not being targeted"? Really?

It's not paranoia if it's actually happening ;)

It's tempting bait, but I'm not biting. I'll just respect what you all think and disagree strongly with it. And move on.

Because in this case there's nothing anti Rangers?

Christ, because you don't see diddy club players being hung for various offences you take that as an attack on Rangers.

How can we be the 'victims' when we're not being targeted.

btw, central West Scotland press is the most important in the country, and it doesn't sell a paper to complain about Zander Diamond. It does to plaster Boruc over the front page, or McGregor.

The OF are always targeted, but most fans overlook the attacks on the other team.

Gah, I am done here, I can see I'm in the minority so I'll bow out. Pointless to continue.

If the cap fits ......

You might say that Rangers fans aren't being targeted directly, but a large cross-section of society associated strongly with our club* are and is quite clearly linked to the agenda of certain individuals and media outlets in Scotland. Too try and deny it seems a bit daft to me.

*I don't really consider myself religious so therefore not Protestant, but a large number do.

You might say that Rangers fans aren't being targeted directly, but a large cross-section of society associated strongly with our club* are and is quite clearly linked to the agenda of certain individuals and media outlets in Scotland. Too try and deny it seems a bit daft to me.

*I don't really consider myself religious so therefore not Protestant, but a large number do.

I don't think Danny understands the Protestant Faith in relation to the roman catholic church and it's religious history.

I dont think anyone is a victim apart from Diamond now showing his lact of intellect. It just comes down to the fact Rangers and our fans are hated with a passion due to our success. Ive suffered first hand at this hatred while being a Gers fan growing up with the hatred around me in Aberdeen. Even as a 14 year old I was being kicked and spat on by grown men after a Aberdeen Rangers game at pittordrie. Any chance a so called Journo gets at a pop then they will bite. They are all bitter.

The ignorance of Diamond is to blame, we should feel sorry for the guy that he is so backward minded. Referring to all Rangers fans as "prods" shows his level of mentality.

As long as Rangers keep winning then I personally dont give a monkey what jokers like that have to say, in fact they can say all they want to show us how much hurt they have....thats why we're champions.

However its possible the BBC could have an agenda....they report whats given to them from the top. If they can lie about world issues then they can lie about Rangers. Its just a shame some people only pick up on their lies when it affects what "they" believe.

EDIT - Therefore I think Danny has a point, its just poor so called Journo's trying to have a pop and sell papers.

Edited by Gribz

I don't think Danny understands the Protestant Faith in relation to the roman catholic church and it's religious history.

I don't think many people who worry about these things are all that interested in their respective faiths, tbh. If you sing Hello Hello or whatever the Timmy comparison is you're probably equally in transgression of God's Law, the principal difference being whether you say sorry directly or via a priest. The question is really political, as it always is, and about whether the nominal protestants or the nominal catholics get positions of power. Historically speaking, to be complacent about increasing RCC political power/influence is extremely unwise. However, that's not really a question of the Protestant faith but rather an expression of the political right to religious freedom won by the Reformers.

In truth, the protestant Christian position'd be to pray for the salvation of the Catholics, and convert them away from popes and priests and rosary beads through genuine compassion, service and humility, by offering them salvation not through a man or a church but through the resurrected and living christ, rather than hate them personally. Any challening them must be motivated by love for it to be truly a matter of protestant faith. The difference between what we're seeing now and Reformation times was that Christians were denied the right even to preach this gospel of love and obedience to God through christ alone, and so the political reconfiguration followed this conviction as religiously essential. What 'protestants' now want is not the right to preach this gospel, but rather to protect all the political and freedoms from the RC church that came from the desire to preach it. Whatever we're discussing here, it's not the protestant faith, which is supposed to be Christlike, but rather the ability not to be reigned over by the influence of the RCC. This isn't a matter of the protestant faith, but it is bloody important.

That's at least how I see as someone who was formerly entirely and thoroughly Calvinistic Reformed Protestant Christian.

Edited by bmck