RST's new Treasurer

Though it will surprise you, I cherish your insults and feel fulfilled by them. You are my favourite insulter, and I've had a few. However, I feel your bitter but very welcome insults have been gained by slightly false pretences because Carson1912 isn't exactly unknown to those of us who waste our lives on football forums. Much as I enjoy fawning over him and would gladly have his children, it was actually just one bear recognising the unexpected arrival of another. I guess it's just a bear thing and I'm sorry for foisting it on you.

I apologise for the jealousy caused by my attentiveness to Mr Carson. It has clearly caused you some distress and for that I am truly sorry. While I'm at it, I also feel obliged to apologise for my appalling transparency and for not meeting your own high standards. I'm well known for not forming coherent arguements and for never adding anything to any debate. I am pathetic and only come here to relieve the bleak loneliness of a pointless existence of insulting lassies (what a quaint word). That is indeed my level, which I'm sure raises only amazement amongst the Gersnet community that I could have been so successful at revealing your posts for the pretentious drivel they are. See ya.

Quality post!

Though it will surprise you, I cherish your insults and feel fulfilled by them. You are my favourite insulter, and I've had a few. However, I feel your bitter but very welcome insults have been gained by slightly false pretences because Carson1912 isn't exactly unknown to those of us who waste our lives on football forums. Much as I enjoy fawning over him and would gladly have his children, it was actually just one bear recognising the unexpected arrival of another. I guess it's just a bear thing and I'm sorry for foisting it on you.

I apologise for the jealousy caused by my attentiveness to Mr Carson. It has clearly caused you some distress and for that I am truly sorry. While I'm at it, I also feel obliged to apologise for my appalling transparency and for not meeting your own high standards. I'm well known for not forming coherent arguements and for never adding anything to any debate. I am pathetic and only come here to relieve the bleak loneliness of a pointless existence of insulting lassies (what a quaint word). That is indeed my level, which I'm sure raises only amazement amongst the Gersnet community that I could have been so successful at revealing your posts for the pretentious drivel they are. See ya.

You on your second bottle already!! :robbo:

Thanks for the reply to the bigger post, I will take some time and get back to it when it is not so late in the night.

This one is pretty easy to answer though.

You may well be right about Deedle, but unfortunately it matters little. His thoughts posted here are freely available on FF and have met with agreement. That means that people you need to convince of your arguements validity (basically trust members who would be prepared to listen and perhaps bring pressure, the ONLY people who can actually push for a change) will now see all offerings from here through a tinted lens. That would not happen without these threads.

I understand you cannot censor people and I admit to finding it a nice place to debate (with some, at least) because there is a wider range of ideas. The problem is though, and I dont expect you to see it because you are perhaps too close (that sounds terribly patronising, it is not meant to), it is too far 'the other way' and while people speaking out against the trust are hit mob handed on FF, the reverse happens here. neither is perfect and both serve to muddy the water considerably.

There has been an awful lot said over the last week on this subject and it doesnt look like going away. Personally I have decided to take a couple of days away from commenting because once you get right into the debates, in the middle of it, it is easy to get lost in the sea of shit this has kicked up.

Again, I appreciate and understand what you're trying to say and, for the most part, I don't disagree. I also don't find you patronising at all.

However, I don't think Gersnet is an 'anti-Trust' forum and I doubt anyone who reads it would think that if they took the time to actually read people's opinions on this subject.

You see, unlike some, I believe that Rangers fans who frequent internet forums are capable of making up their own mind on issues. Yes, every forum has 'opinion-formers' who perhaps lead the way in some debates but what I do find patronising is when people profess to write off whole swathes of people just because one or two others may purport to speak for them. In my experience, it just doesn't happen. If you make your point well enough, people listen. If you don't, they don't. Simple.

Now, the guy on FF may attempt to ridicule other forums such as this; indeed (to the embarrassment of Trust board members) he has done so for a long time now and as I've said here he's entitled to his opinion. Unfortunately for him, I know for a fact that plenty of people disagree with his divisive views and we've probably had more people join here because of him than any other reason of late. Thanks Deedle!

And, you know what, when people do join here, they often stay. Why? Well, not because the forum is 'anti-Trust' but because different opinions can be made on many subjects. This is done without fear of censorship but also, as I've tried to describe last night, with fear of people challenging said opinions, no matter what 'side of the debate they may be on. True, open, quality debate isn't always easy to find. You'll get it here for the most part.

Again, I appreciate there is a fine line between encouraging debate and gratuitous mud-slinging but while the opening post of this thread may have been the latter, the subsequent posts have certainly been the former. So instead of a flawed opinion gathering arms and legs by being 'chopped', it is shown to be wrong by constructive contributions from the membership.

To that end, nothing has changed because of this thread and nothing has changed because of people 'squealing' about it elsewhere. I'm more than confident that the majority of reasonable people who view would agree.

Edited by Frankie

Guest carson1912
Though it will surprise you, I cherish your insults and feel fulfilled by them. You are my favourite insulter, and I've had a few. However, I feel your bitter but very welcome insults have been gained by slightly false pretences because Carson1912 isn't exactly unknown to those of us who waste our lives on football forums. Much as I enjoy fawning over him and would gladly have his children, it was actually just one bear recognising the unexpected arrival of another.

Sorry mainflyer,

But I had the snip 8 years ago, 3 sons is enough for me and I can't afford anymore, they bleed me dry.

You cant help yourself, you really cant.

A poster comes from VB and agrees with the general thrust of your points, you welcome him with open arms and lavish praise on him. .

Because I am a frequent poster on VB does that negate the fact that I also a post on RM, UB and even FF.

I intentionally mentioned my usernames on other forums because I have had quite a few discussions with Gersnet posters on other forums.

Welcome to Gersnet BTW, will you be broadening your horizons and joining VB next ?

Edited by carson1912

Again, I appreciate and understand what you're trying to say and, for the most part, I don't disagree. I also don't find you patronising at all.

However, I don't think Gersnet is an 'anti-Trust' forum and I doubt anyone who reads it would think that if they took the time to actually read people's opinions on this subject.

You see, unlike some, I believe that Rangers fans who frequent internet forums are capable of making up their own mind on issues. Yes, every forum has 'opinion-formers' who perhaps lead the way in some debates but what I do find patronising is when people profess to write off whole swathes of people just because one or two others may purport to speak for them. In my experience, it just doesn't happen. If you make your point well enough, people listen. If you don't, they don't. Simple.

Now, the guy on FF may attempt to ridicule other forums such as this; indeed (to the embarrassment of Trust board members) he has done so for a long time now and as I've said here he's entitled to his opinion. Unfortunately for him, I know for a fact that plenty of people disagree with his divisive views and we've probably had more people join here because of him than any other reason of late. Thanks Deedle!

And, you know what, when people do join here, they often stay. Why? Well, not because the forum is 'anti-Trust' but because different opinions can be made on many subjects. This is done without fear of censorship but also, as I've tried to describe last night, with fear of people challenging said opinions, no matter what 'side of the debate they may be on. True, open, quality debate isn't always easy to find. You'll get it here for the most part.

Again, I appreciate there is a fine line between encouraging debate and gratuitous mud-slinging but while the opening post of this thread may have been the latter, the subsequent posts have certainly been the former. So instead of a flawed opinion gathering arms and legs by being 'chopped', it is shown to be wrong by constructive contributions from the membership.

To that end, nothing has changed because of this thread and nothing has changed because of people 'squealing' about it elsewhere. I'm more than confident that the majority of reasonable people who view would agree.

That's a hell of a good post for a cult leader and about sums up my own feelings about this 'wee' forum. Takes a bit of getting used to at first if you don't know what to expect, and I didn't, but a certain Gersnet quality shines though soon enough.

I agree it would be completely misreading the situation to view this forum as anti-RST. I haven't found one member who is anti-RST, and I include myself in that. On the contrary, I'd say the vast majority of members simply want an effective RST that's run on the basis of transparency, inclusiveness and making a positive difference. The absence of all of these is what raises dissatisfaction with the way the Trust is run but I hear no one calling the Trust as such a bad idea.

This was actually a bit of an RST stronghold before the troubles. The fact that that has changed is nothing to do with Frankie's resignation from the RST, as we are able to think for ourselves on here. The RST don't need people to knock them off their horse they seem to manage to fall off themselves. Whether they should resign is obviously their choice but it would be good if they took a real good look in the mirror and ask themselves if they have taken the RST forward or backwards. An honest decision is all that is needed.