RST's new Treasurer

You know that, I know that and most of our regulars would know that.

May take a bit of time for any new users to appreciate your, erm, different sense of humour so in the meantime, be gentle and avoid the Gersnet (and the FF it seems) naughty step.

Yeth mathter.:)

Guest Pokeherface
'Deedle' or whatever pseudonym he hides behind may attempt to discredit this forum but the day I worry about anyone taking his imbalanced opinion seriously is a long, long way away. :D

This is the guy who posts second hand malicious lies on FF (and other forums) then disappears when shown just how wrong his information is.

I do wonder what 'discipline' the person from the RST Board who feeds him will receive though? Perhaps the same as Mr Harris?

Thanks for the reply to the bigger post, I will take some time and get back to it when it is not so late in the night.

This one is pretty easy to answer though.

You may well be right about Deedle, but unfortunately it matters little. His thoughts posted here are freely available on FF and have met with agreement. That means that people you need to convince of your arguements validity (basically trust members who would be prepared to listen and perhaps bring pressure, the ONLY people who can actually push for a change) will now see all offerings from here through a tinted lens. That would not happen without these threads.

I understand you cannot censor people and I admit to finding it a nice place to debate (with some, at least) because there is a wider range of ideas. The problem is though, and I dont expect you to see it because you are perhaps too close (that sounds terribly patronising, it is not meant to), it is too far 'the other way' and while people speaking out against the trust are hit mob handed on FF, the reverse happens here. neither is perfect and both serve to muddy the water considerably.

There has been an awful lot said over the last week on this subject and it doesnt look like going away. Personally I have decided to take a couple of days away from commenting because once you get right into the debates, in the middle of it, it is easy to get lost in the sea of shit this has kicked up.

I understand you cannot censor people and I admit to finding it a nice place to debate (with some, at least) because there is a wider range of ideas. The problem is though, and I dont expect you to see it because you are perhaps too close (that sounds terribly patronising, it is not meant to), it is too far 'the other way' and while people speaking out against the trust are hit mob handed on FF, the reverse happens here. neither is perfect and both serve to muddy the water considerably.

The only thing that muddies the water is mud.

Personally, I think you're specifically trying to 'level the playing field' (for want of a better/more appropriate phrase) by making out as if Gersnet has been part of some kind of wrong-doing in this whole fiasco. We'll, I'm not speaking for anyone else here... Admin, mods or people who visit Gersnet, but I think you're way off the mark with that type of suggestion. Way off!!

Edited by Zappa
typo

Personally, I think you're specifically trying to 'level the playing field' (for want of a better/more appropriate phrase) by making out as if Gersnet has been part of some kind of wrong-doing in this whole fiasco. We'll, I'm not speaking for anyone else here... Admin, mods or people who visit Gersnet, but I think you're way off the mark with that type of suggestion. Way off!!

I can't be arsed reading back through his posts but it seems to me he's actually been advocating that freedom to post should be restricted to avoid muddying his waters. That really is off the mark and hints at an underlying intolerance that has no place on Gersnet.

Guest Pokeherface

Im advocating that people watch what they post themselves. If I was not correct in my 'insult' that would have been clear to you.

Guest Pokeherface

In a way you are. Both 'sides' see themselves as perfect and the other as perfectly bad. Neither is correct and while thre are degrees that show the rst to be functioning particularly badly, that is no reason to abandon introspection.

People are advoacting posting whatever they like, true or otherwise, against the trust. I am saying that this is completely and utter counter-productive. It really is not hard to follow.

In a way you are. Both 'sides' see themselves as perfect and the other as perfectly bad. Neither is correct and while thre are degrees that show the rst to be functioning particularly badly, that is no reason to abandon introspection.

People are advoacting posting whatever they like, true or otherwise, against the trust. I am saying that this is completely and utter counter-productive. It really is not hard to follow.

The only thing that's hard to follow is the level of conviction you have that your views are beyond question. I think you've been hypnotised by a rogue 1980's TV magician and you're not to blame for the grinding, mind-numbing repetition. Still, it is instructive in its own way.:)

Guest Pokeherface
The only thing that's hard to follow is the level of conviction you have that your views are beyond question. I think you've been hypnotised by a rogue 1980's TV magician and you're not to blame for the grinding, mind-numbing repetition. Still, it is instructive in its own way.:)

You cant help yourself, you really cant.

A poster comes from VB and agrees with the general thrust of your points, you welcome him with open arms and lavish praise on him. Someone comes on here that has different views to yourself and all you can do is act like a spoilt wean. Your attitude is very clear and it shows that you are unable to cope with people who disagree. You are also unable to form coherent arguements of your own and can only question others while adding absolutely nothing to any debate you enter. I would call you pathetic but it would probably be seen as an insult. you really should stick to personally insulting lassies, it is about your level.

You cant help yourself, you really cant.

A poster comes from VB and agrees with the general thrust of your points, you welcome him with open arms and lavish praise on him. Someone comes on here that has different views to yourself and all you can do is act like a spoilt wean. Your attitude is very clear and it shows that you are unable to cope with people who disagree. You are also unable to form coherent arguements of your own and can only question others while adding absolutely nothing to any debate you enter. I would call you pathetic but it would probably be seen as an insult. you really should stick to personally insulting lassies, it is about your level.

Though it will surprise you, I cherish your insults and feel fulfilled by them. You are my favourite insulter, and I've had a few. However, I feel your bitter but very welcome insults have been gained by slightly false pretences because Carson1912 isn't exactly unknown to those of us who waste our lives on football forums. Much as I enjoy fawning over him and would gladly have his children, it was actually just one bear recognising the unexpected arrival of another. I guess it's just a bear thing and I'm sorry for foisting it on you.

I apologise for the jealousy caused by my attentiveness to Mr Carson. It has clearly caused you some distress and for that I am truly sorry. While I'm at it, I also feel obliged to apologise for my appalling transparency and for not meeting your own high standards. I'm well known for not forming coherent arguements and for never adding anything to any debate. I am pathetic and only come here to relieve the bleak loneliness of a pointless existence of insulting lassies (what a quaint word). That is indeed my level, which I'm sure raises only amazement amongst the Gersnet community that I could have been so successful at revealing your posts for the pretentious drivel they are. See ya.

Edited by maineflyer

Guest Pokeherface
Though it will surprise you, I cherish your insults and feel fulfilled by them. You are my favourite insulter, and I've had a few. However, I feel your bitter but very welcome insults have been gained by slightly false pretences because Carson1912 isn't exactly unknown to those of us who waste our lives on football forums. Much as I enjoy fawning over him and would gladly have his children, it was actually just one bear recognising the unexpected arrival of another. I guess it's just a bear thing and I'm sorry for foisting it on you.

I apologise for the jealousy caused by my attentiveness to Mr Carson. It has clearly caused you some distress and for that I am truly sorry. While I'm at it, I also feel obliged to apologise for my appalling transparency and for not meeting your own high standards. I'm well known for not forming coherent arguements and for never adding anything to any debate. I am pathetic and only come here to relieve the bleak loneliness of a pointless existence of insulting lassies (what a quaint word). That is indeed my level, which I'm sure raises only amazement amongst the Gersnet community that I could have been so successful at revealing your posts for the pretentious drivel they are. See ya.

The only 'revealing' you have done is quite how little you add to meaningful dialogue. Oh, and the fact that someone disagreeing with you cant simply have a different opinion, they must be 'at it' or 'up to something' or working for Dingwall'.

It is refreshing to see you face some of the flaws you carry though, for that you deserve at least a modicum of recognition. Well done.