A New RST

Guest Paiton Bear

Guest sumus populi
As a member of seven or more Rangers forums i have been reading the threads over the various sites and the common denominator is general mistrust of the RST/FF. I have linked those two organisations together because to the vast majority of ordinary supporters over the forums see those two groups as one and the same, the informed supporter knows well that they are not one but two supposedly separated entities, but because of their close cooperation it has become difficult to fathom when one group interests begin and the other group interests end? Unfortunately FF does receive some bad press and is disliked by many supporters over the forums for whatever reason? (and i say that as a member of FF) I believe the RST receives some of the bad feelings directed towards FF as an direct result of their close working relationship. I am not, nor have never been an member of the RST, i have no axe to grind or agenda. But I believe in it's aims (or what i believe to be their aims) namely to get supporter ownership of our club, Sadly having followed the debacle over the last week i feel the RST board has lost any credibility it had, The board have admitted to bad practises and have formulated ideas to rectify them, again however i am sorry to say that for me as an outsider looking in it goes no way far enough to pacify it's members. I feel the only way for the RST to gain any credibility and respect back is for the board to resign en masse. Then hopefully re-elect a new board to take it forward with fresh ideas and momentum.

You know the sad thing is, you could not post that critique on FF, you would be banned.

I am a member of FF too, I like the site and has some great contributions. I have been banned many times for crossing their line on many occasions and now content myself with football matters on there and I have survived.

I agree with you, the Trust has lost credibility, especially since MD took over.

I can say that on here.

You know the sad thing is, you could not post that critique on FF, you would be banned.

I am a member of FF too, I like the site and has some great contributions. I have been banned many times for crossing their line on many occasions and now content myself with football matters on there and I have survived.

I agree with you, the Trust has lost credibility, especially since MD took over.

I can say that on here.

Yes i agree what you ARE saying about becoming involved with the politics of the RST\FF, i don't want to make it personal as i have never met nor know any of the names mentioned in the debates over the forums. I readily admit being naive when it comes to the politics of working with the higher profile Rangers supporter. One name does seem to be an recurring thyme throughout the debates, Why if that person is so secure in his good practices and behaviour does not prove it by asking the membership for a vote of confidence or stepping down from the board on the point of principle of his innocence of any wrongdoings, then standing again for re-election on an platform of his previous good work and history and let the membership decide, is beyond me. That course of action would take some of the momentum out of the debate and would settle one way or another most of the calls for his removal or alternatively cement his place on the board, or i am being naive again?

Guest Paiton Bear

The politics is perhaps getting a little more clear, so perhaps my venture outwith the boundaries of FF is helping that understanding.

However, what I have suggested is not like switching on of off a light, it would take a year of applied 'unity' to rebuild the RST into the vehicle that will be there for the longer term, and until the next AGM when the membership would have the right to vote in a new board, retain the old one, or most likely something in between.

This way, changes are being made within the framework of the RST with democratic elections taking place to take it further towards recovery, and will hopefully leave us with an RST worthy of cross faction support.

A year is not a long time when you consider that the alternative means it will die. The one thing that makes it worth fighting for is that each and every one of us knows that it can only be good for the Rangers support as a whole.

PB:

Nobody is pretending the obvious issues that remain prevalent across the community can be addressed overnight. It would take a fair bit longer than that and even then success wouldn't be guaranteed when you read some of the claims made.

However, that shouldn't be an excuse not to try and build bridges. After all, I'm sure we all work with people we don't particularly like to ensure our places of work thrive. Just because we're Rangers fans doesn't mean we all have the same opinions and beliefs so it is healthy to debate these when any disagreement comes up.

I genuinely hope progress and common ground can be found and, as always, myself and this website are most interested in any initiatives that could facilitate this. In addition, if the Trust have a problem with me personally (and it seems a few board members do) then fair enough, there are other people on this forum just as (and indeed more) capable than me who can represent Gersnet. I'm sure the other forums would say the same and I'd hope the Trust would also be similarly flexible.

I invite the Trust to lead the way.

Frankie,

That is a positive note from Gersnet.

Any yes, to do this the RST have to take the initiative to lead the way.

But ... the Trust will NOT lead the way, that much is abundantly clear by established practice and whatever measure you look at. You're effectively asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

I still think this is little more than aspirational juggling ... it can be entertaining, clever and impressive but it will make no difference whatsoever in the real world. MD has no incentive to change the status quo, quite the opposite. Those around him are similarly bound to his lead. Without either changing the leopard's spots or dislocating the Trust from the leopard, you will see no change. No amount of 'should be' will ever achieve what you seek .... therefore ....

Guest TheWorthyEd
But ... the Trust will NOT lead the way, that much is abundantly clear by established practice and whatever measure you look at. You're effectively asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

I still think this is little more than aspirational juggling ... it can be entertaining, clever and impressive but it will make no difference whatsoever in the real world. MD has no incentive to change the status quo, quite the opposite. Those around him are similarly bound to his lead. Without either changing the leopard's spots or dislocating the Trust from the leopard, you will see no change. No amount of 'should be' will ever achieve what you seek .... therefore ....

What he said.

The Trust in its present form has gone past the stage where many members, ex-members and potential members view it as viable.

There is a common denominator which holds back any progress on this fine ideal of the OP.

Until that problem is resolved this is just another "What do we do about the RST?" thread.

Guest Paiton Bear

That is where I come from....I am trying to understand the 'real world' in amongst the shrapnel that seems to be flying toward the RST.

Perhaps there is no answer to the question, but surely sense will prevail and the realisation that it is a case of more of the same, or nothing at all.

If they choose nothing at all, then your case will be proven.

....and many people will remain disappointed that such a fantastic vision of the future of Rangers Football Club has been left to die a slow and lingering death.

Edited by Paiton Bear

One club, one fans organisation, sanctioned by the club and accountable to both fans and club, any other groups would be what they would be, splinter groups.

I am old enough to know that this discord and factionalism, is a relatively new thing and a most unwelcome one, sometimes the old days really were better, something all parties should and could learn from.

That is where I come from....I am trying to understand the 'real world' in amongst the shrapnel that seems to be flying toward the RST.

Perhaps there is no answer to the question, but surely sense will prevail and the realisation that it is a case of more of the same, or nothing at all.

If they choose nothing at all, then your case will be proven.

....and many people will remain disappointed that such a fantastic vision of the future of Rangers Football Club has been left to die a slow and lingering death.

The real world is no secret. Everyone can open their eyes and see it ... now, today. In fact it has been open for inspection for several years and has never hidden its true nature. The RST is exactly what the RST is and has been for most of it's existence ... impotent, ineffective and morally bankrupt. It is also in a state of continual and deep-rooted denial.

This isn't a matter of opinion, something I've decided to invent. It's the reality you say you're looking for, without fear of contradiction. I need wait for nothing to be proven, it's there in front of you, reach out and touch the failure or it. Hundreds of bears are debating the why's and wherefor's arising at the recent Trust AGM, obsessing about who has the best handle on the merest trivia. Meanwhile, the real crime of failure goes without comment and the RST sends it's footsoldiers out to quell the websites with meaningless waffle ... but the RST still hasn't come within a thousand miles of achieving one of its aims and not one eyebrow gets raised at the utter ineptitude of it all.

If you want something tangible to chase, you'll find it in the gap between what you call the vision and the non-achievements of the RST. There is no death, lingering or otherwise, only the coma that a small band of brothers and sisters are determined to maintain at any price.