RST AGM - Secretary's statement

What an absolute farce of a situation...

Agreed, I can't even parse it, it's so dense with utter absurdity. It doesn't even matter how much is true and accurate now. That things could get to this state can't be written off to malcontents or some sort of anti-RST sentiment - no matter who you are sympathetic to the whole situation just shows one entirely dysfunctional organisation.

Agreed, I can't even parse it, it's so dense with utter absurdity. It doesn't even matter how much is true and accurate now. That things could get to this state can't be written off to malcontents or some sort of anti-RST sentiment - no matter who you are sympathetic to the whole situation just shows one entirely dysfunctional organisation.

That's about the size of it right enough ... to everyone other than those in whose interest it is to maintain the status quo.

I note a few people have attempted to post this statement on FF but it has been deleted immediately.

Hardly seems fair that some Trust board members can comment there on the existing issues but others can't have their opinion heard?

Guest Pokeherface

Accurate and true or otherwise, the positions held by certain board members are now completely untenable. it has reached the stage where illegal practice is not needed for this to be the case. The mere fact of their presence has and will continue to cause internal and external problems and for the good of the organisation they need to step down with immediate effect. It doesn't need saying who they are, we know and more importantly, they know. Statements are all well and good, but if they want to prove they still hold the best interests of the trust at heart, actions are needed.

I note a few people have attempted to post this statement on FF but it has been deleted immediately.

Hardly seems fair that some Trust board members can comment there on the existing issues but others can't have their opinion heard?

It didn't last long.

Accurate and true or otherwise, the positions held by certain board members are now completely untenable. it has reached the stage where illegal practice is not needed for this to be the case. The mere fact of their presence has and will continue to cause internal and external problems and for the good of the organisation they need to step down with immediate effect. It doesn't need saying who they are, we know and more importantly, they know. Statements are all well and good, but if they want to prove they still hold the best interests of the trust at heart, actions are needed.

Unfortunately, I think this post sums the situation up. An EGM to announce these resignations as well as discuss the reasons for them and the direction of a new leadership is perhaps the best/only course of action.

Welcome to Gersnet.

I hadn't seen your other comment-I think it's clear as I suspected was the case that there are quite different interpretations of what has actually unfolded. Inevitably due to the forum wars certain versions will want to be believed and others dismissed hopefully when the details emerge the truth will be clear and/or what parts of this are subjective.

But the details that will emerge will be the Trust's version. As can be seen by PLG's response here, obviously the Trust will produce a different version.

The one thing I can almost guarantee is that when the Trust make their official statement the truth will be anything but clear. All it will do is muddy the waters further.

This one has a ways yet to run IMO.