Gers close on Miller deal

Great news and well deserved for Kenny. I was one of the many that was against him signing for us. But although im not happy with the circumstances, im now of course glad he is with us and playing the best football of his career.

Yip great news. I however was one who was happy he was signing. His energy and pace and work rate was always going to be good for team. Even if he has a bad game you can never say he hasnt gave 100%.

Barring an injury Miller will pass 20 goals this season.

From the Chairman

Johnston praised Bain and Smith for their work in turning around Rangers� finances, but stressed that the situation still demanded caution. For example, offering new terms acceptable to Miller, who is out of contract in May, was not straightforward. Smith is hopeful that the top scorer is close to accepting a deal but Johnston stressed the club could only go so far.

ââ?¬Å?As a fan I would do it in a millisecond. As chairman I have to look at the consequences of any decision in two or three yearsââ?¬â?¢ time. I donââ?¬â?¢t want to commit all the budget we may have for player manoeuvrings when we might have a much more critical reason for needing that money three years from now. We have to stand by our decisions and live with the consequences.ââ?¬Â

Full Article.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/improved-figures-but-johnston-admits-new-contracts-still-capped-1.1056906