What do we make of Beattie?

Two. His cut back for Miller at Easter Road and he he made the Killie keeper pull of a great save during his debut game.

I'm not sure a shot on target qualifies as a contribution - that's clutching at straws imo.

There's no doubting he's nowhere near match fit but hopefully he keeps getting games to improve his fitness. Once he scores one he'll score grow in confidence and get a few more.

However, he's got a fight on his hands with the signing of Jelavic. I think he'll be a sub during the CL games as there's no way Smith will play two upfront and Miller is odds on to start all 6 games if he stays fit.

All in all, I'd rate his 3 games at 6/10.

I'd say 5.5.

He is a decent poster and a good bookie although could be a bit more generous with his tips. :cool:;)

But the other Beattie needs a few more games to be judged on full fitness. But I wonder how much more fitness he needs as he looks well off the pace at the moment.

Edited by Gribz

Why is he being given the extra games until we consider him fit? He had an injury free pre-season same as the majority of the squad. Saying he didn't play much last season is an excuse. He was an unimaginative buy and he looks like if he was twice as fit he wouldn't be able to match Weir in a foot race.

Every player needs around 5 or 6 games to get to their full sharpness, friendlies and training in pre season is always said as not being the same as actual games. Fitness wise I can see Cotter's point.

But he also should be given time to adjust to the SPL and his new team mates. Some players can fit in straight away but some need time to adjust.

It is difficult to judge a clearly not match fit player after just a few games.

However, I doubt Beattie will do enough to become anything other than a sub and I think he was a panic buy when it looked like Jelavic wasn't happening.

We can only hope he proves a useful sub and, to be fair, parts of his game still look reasonable enough for him to make such a contribution.

The one thing I would say about his assist for that goal was that it showed a guile none of our other current and recent forwards have shown. I think everyone from Boyd to Nacho would have just turned and blasted it towards goal. Given that it was at such a key time in the match, I'm hoping such guile may be invaluable as we go through the season with a threadbare squad.

Guest christophski

Honestly a waste of �£1.5 million. I'd rather see Hemmings given a game ahead of him. Always struggled with weight, fitness and generally lived off one good season.