New gers book to be published....

I'm no RST member, fan or apologist, but I honestly fail to see why this thread about a specific project should be used as a platform to start another RST slagging match. It's a bit of a poor show to continually bitch slap them at every given oppotunity IMHO. Someone only has to mention the 3 letters RST on a gers board and the bloody knives come out.

so why not contribute about the specific project?

I'm no RST member, fan or apologist, but I honestly fail to see why this thread about a specific project should be used as a platform to start another RST slagging match. It's a bit of a poor show to continually bitch slap them at every given oppotunity IMHO. Someone only has to mention the 3 letters RST on a gers board and the bloody knives come out.

I can see your point about the topic being derailed, but the merits of the RST are always going to be a topic of discussion given how many people are interested in fan representation.

so why not contribute about the specific project?

I already have.

Basically, the way I see it is that you and some other people aren't helping the problems the RST face. You want the organisation as a (our) Trust to be successful, yet apparently your only goal is to see it burnt to the ground and rebuilt. I don't know, but maybe that's not the best course? Not quite sure.

I already have.

Basically, the way I see it is that you and some other people aren't helping the problems the RST face. You want the organisation as a (our) Trust to be successful, yet apparently your only goal is to see it burnt to the ground and rebuilt. I don't know, but maybe that's not the best course? Not quite sure.

I'm not sure it's my role to help the RST face the problems they refuse to address themselves. I've posted on many occasions that the only way forward for the RST is for all currently involved in running it to stand down and have fresh elections - no more co-opting, no more avoiding elections, no more closed doors, no more self-interest agendas, no more dishonest bullshit. I do want an effective RST and I genuinely believe that will NEVER be achieved by the current rabble dragging years of dirty laundry behind them. The longer the present situation continues, the less chance of Rangers fans ever having a credible voice.

When you think about it, this is criticism worth making. The only surprise to me is that everyone who cares isn't doing it every day. Your silent compliance only keeps the monkeys in charge of the zoo.

When you think about it, this is criticism worth making. The only surprise to me is that everyone who cares isn't doing it every day. Your silent compliance only keeps the monkeys in charge of the zoo.

If everybody who cared about fan representation joined up then they could put themselves forward to the board! IMO, you have to make changes from the inside.

I read alot of posts across different Gers forums about the current board - the posts come from people like yourself who care about the 'trust' but don't trust the people on it.

nobody actually ever does anything about it. Not saying you haven't done anything as I don't know whether you have or not. But, would it not be better if every critic acted rather than argued with current members about the past?

I'm not having a dig at you mate as I've seen similar posts across the web regarding the RST.

If everybody who cared about fan representation joined up then they could put themselves forward to the board! IMO, you have to make changes from the inside.

I read alot of posts across different Gers forums about the current board - the posts come from people like yourself who care about the 'trust' but don't trust the people on it.

nobody actually ever does anything about it. Not saying you haven't done anything as I don't know whether you have or not. But, would it not be better if every critic acted rather than argued with current members about the past?

I'm not having a dig at you mate as I've seen similar posts across the web regarding the RST.

You need to catch up. About five years should do it.

It's not about joining the RST. Most of us who did have left. You can't change something from the inside when it's controlled by people whose existence depends upon their being no change, people who ensure against change by continually co-opting the weak and dependent.

Tell you what mate, you join and show the rest of us how much change you can achieve. I've every symathy for your sentiments but they don't count for shit in the sordid world of today's RST.

I'm not sure it's my role to help the RST face the problems they refuse to address themselves. I've posted on many occasions that the only way forward for the RST is for all currently involved in running it to stand down and have fresh elections - no more co-opting, no more avoiding elections, no more closed doors, no more self-interest agendas, no more dishonest bullshit. I do want an effective RST and I genuinely believe that will NEVER be achieved by the current rabble dragging years of dirty laundry behind them. The longer the present situation continues, the less chance of Rangers fans ever having a credible voice.

So what's the plan then MF? Do you think attacking the current RST at every opportunity you see on messageboards will achieve what you'd like to see happen? I don't & that's part of my point. You think your approach is constructive because you believe it to be for the greater good so to speak, while I think your approach is futile and repetative. If someone or a group of people want to take down the current RST & organise rebuilding it into what they think it should be, they're going to have to get more organized about it than constantly bleating on about the current RST's issues on forums. From your POV their hand needs to be forced & from my POV that can only be achieved by forcing their hand, something which I seriously doubt can be done by bad-mouthing the RST on messageboards. Something altogther grander in scale would be required. I'm not advocating anything here, just giving my honest opinion.

You need to catch up. About five years should do it.

It's not about joining the RST. Most of us who did have left. You can't change something from the inside when it's controlled by people whose existence depends upon their being no change, people who ensure against change by continually co-opting the weak and dependent.

Tell you what mate, you join and show the rest of us how much change you can achieve. I've every symathy for your sentiments but they don't count for shit in the sordid world of today's RST.

You're right mate, I do need to catch up as the last five-10 years have been about career and family for me.

Perhaps there's something in what you say about impressionable people being used for others agenda! I can't really comment either way on that.

I have recently joined the RST (about 2 months ago). I'm not there to lead a crusade against the current board though, as I don't know them, yet! I do believe however, that I can have a positive input and maybe over time help out with any project they're running. I will not be influenced or lead up the garden path though, that's for sure.

If you don't mind me asking, exactly who and why are the current problem on the board?

So what's the plan then MF? Do you think attacking the current RST at every opportunity you see on messageboards will achieve what you'd like to see happen? I don't & that's part of my point. You think your approach is constructive because you believe it to be for the greater good so to speak, while I think your approach is futile and repetative. If someone or a group of people want to take down the current RST & organise rebuilding it into what they think it should be, they're going to have to get more organized about it than constantly bleating on about the current RST's issues on forums. From your POV their hand needs to be forced & from my POV that can only be achieved by forcing their hand, something which I seriously doubt can be done by bad-mouthing the RST on messageboards. Something altogther grander in scale would be required. I'm not advocating anything here, just giving my honest opinion.

Suggest you seek the plan from the RST. They're the ones who are supposed to have one.

Yes, I do think the way to address the current problems (are in any doubt there are problems?) is to attack the root of them. Repetitive or not, it has to be preferable to saying nothing. And these are not just current issues either.

You are entitled not to be entertained by repetitive "bleating" but you should know it's not done with your entertainment in mind. If you don't care for it, feel free not to read it. The RST is a failure today because enough people turned a blind eye to what went on several years ago - it's debatable if enough give a shit about the RST today to bring about any kind of effective change but it seems unacceptable to me that the folks who fukked it up should now wallow unopposed in the midden they've made of it.

If you want to act on a grander scale then please, go ahead, the stage is all yours. Or you can always sit back, do nothing and moan about those who feel strongly enough to express an opinion. I don't particularly mind what you do or don't do.

Suggest you seek the plan from the RST. They're the ones who are supposed to have one.

Yes, I do think the way to address the current problems (are in any doubt there are problems?) is to attack the root of them. Repetitive or not, it has to be preferable to saying nothing. And these are not just current issues either.

You are entitled not to be entertained by repetitive "bleating" but you should know it's not done with your entertainment in mind. If you don't care for it, feel free not to read it. The RST is a failure today because enough people turned a blind eye to what went on several years ago - it's debatable if enough give a shit about the RST today to bring about any kind of effective change but it seems unacceptable to me that the folks who fukked it up should now wallow unopposed in the midden they've made of it.

If you want to act on a grander scale then please, go ahead, the stage is all yours. Or you can always sit back, do nothing and moan about those who feel strongly enough to express an opinion. I don't particularly mind what you do or don't do.

You already know my views on fan-ownership of the club & agreed with them. They haven't changed.