Deadline Day Transfer Thread >>>>

Re the Foster & Velicka swap - looks to me like we are out of cash and the management team decided that we had enough up front with Miller, Jelavic, Beattie, Naismith, Fleck - but that we are struggling more at the back so a straight swap to get cover defensively and losing a player from the one area where we do seem to have some cover - although with our squad being paper-thin we dont have too many options elsewhere.

Given that Velicka seems to be similar in mould to Beattie I am not convinced we needed him. Foster will be no more than a squad player but covers an area of the team where our depth isnt the greatest.

france :whistle:

heard the usual goodwillie rumour, having a medical right now, i don't believe it though........

that rumour's as believable as Kenny Miller is re-signing for Ra yahoos before midnight. A lot of people would like to see us signing Goodwillie, but there's no chance, repeat - no chance that we've got the money Utd want for him.

I suspect you are going on what others have said, i.e. he's from Aberdeen, he must be pish; rather than first hand knowledge. I'll stand corrected on that but it seems too much like a knee-jerk response to me.

I live in Aberdeen, I get it every day haha. Trust me, he's pish.

that rumour's as believable as Kenny Miller is re-signing for Ra yahoos before midnight. A lot of people would like to see us signing Goodwillie, but there's no chance, repeat - no chance that we've got the money Utd want for him.

Good job too. Spending 2m on a Dundee United player with a dubious goal record after just selling both Wilson and Thomson for the same figure would be incredulous to say the least.

I live in Aberdeen, I get it every day haha. Trust me, he's pish.

It doesn't matter if he's pish or not when he's not gonna see that much acton anyway. He'll be an emergency fall-back squad player that'll get the odd run out... Not like we're taking him on loan as a player to help us win the league or do well in the CL is it?

i agree and it would be a waste of money if we did buy him for more than �£500k............

Good job too. Spending 2m on a Dundee United player with a dubious goal record after just selling both Wilson and Thomson for the same figure would be incredulous to say the least.

Totally agree.