Deadline Day Transfer Thread >>>>

Has Benalouane signed for Juve yet?

Not that I'm aware of.

Like Goncalves I think he's more of a left-sided centre-half so can't see either of them signing unless a Bougherra or Webster leaves.

If they are a left sided CB would they not be more likely to take Weir's place given he is the left sided CB at present ? We could do with another CB.

Still want a left sided midfielder - that said, with the form of Weiss & Naismith, and if we actually had them switch sides frequently, we may not need one.

If they are a left sided CB would they not be more likely to take Weir's place given he is the left sided CB at present ? We could do with another CB.

Still want a left sided midfielder - that said, with the form of Weiss & Naismith, and if we actually had them switch sides frequently, we may not need one.

In the long term yes, but what I meant was I doubt we'll be signing more defenders unless someone leaves. Weir won't be leaving so that only leaves Bougherra/Webster in the short term; neither of whom appear likely to be going anywhere (touch wood).

Second part of your post is probably fair enough and if you add Lafferty and Fleck to the mix, that's a decent selection of players but none of them are probably genuine left-midfielders which is what we've needed for years now. Wylde is probably the only natural one we have and I'm not sure Smith rates him enough.

Can't say I know much about him mate so I'll trust your judgement... ;)

I think if there is to be any movement inwards it will be after 6pm when the English teams have finalised their 25 man squads. Should be a few interesting propositions available then.

Can't say I know much about him mate so I'll trust your judgement... ;)

I think if there is to be any movement inwards it will be after 6pm when the English teams have finalised their 25 man squads. Should be a few interesting propositions available then.

I agree unless it's someone we've been watching for a while or outside England.

From jamiejmore on Twitter: "Alan Hutton hasn't flown out to Lithuania with the Scotland squad as he is due to sign back for Rangers on loan from Spurs."

Not heard too much from Scotland yet - reckon a few big ones will break later. Possibly.

Doubtful imo, from the BBC transfer window live text.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8954459.stm