Jelavic the Cousin replacement?

Just thinking about this - we've been after a big strong skillful goal getting target man ever since Cousin left, and of what little I've seen of Jelavic, he seems to fit the bill. Is he the Cousin type we wanted?

Guest Flying Hippo

I was slightly disappointed we didn't enquire about Cousin before we signed Beattie, considering Hull were absolutely desperate to get him off their books. Granted he was an epic failure in his English career after the first 2 months, but we know what he can do in the SPL on his day

Edited by Flying Hippo

Cousin is another player who must regret leaving Rangers. He could have four more medals and be playing in the CL instead of playing for Larissa and already out of Europa to Reykjavik...

If he had stuck in at Rangers and played consistently with near to his best game, he'd be adulated in Glasgow by now.

I was slightly disappointed we didn't enquire about Cousin before we signed Beattie, considering Hull were absolutely desperate to get him off their books. Granted he was an epic failure in his English career after the first 2 months, but we know what he can do in the SPL on his day

Wouldn't have him back myself. His lack of common sense & composure contributed big time to us not being strong enough to defeat Zenit in Manchester. Having him playing in that final would have given us a better chance of taking the trophey & winners medals. Major dissappointment & I'd wager that his stupidity which left him out of that final will play on his mind more than most other things in his career.

Cousin was a complete nightmare. I would've honestly paid him off after any of the numerous sendings off that cost us dearly. But to be fair to Walter Smith, despite his managerial quirks, I think he's the best manager at getting the most out of players with the numpty temperament (aparts from maybe Big Kyle). Cousin was a personal horrorshow both in France and after us, if I remember right, and I think that we got the moments of absolute quality we got from him is nothing short of a miracle. Wouldn't have him back though.