Miller in pay cut shock!!

That argument has been shot to shit in recent years.

By far and away the best marketed league in the world though. Sky have really done them a massive favour there as everyone swallows the hype.

No, I use my eyes to watch. La Liga is why guys like Messi look so much better than they really are - defenses are like sieves and it's exhibition football. The space and time afforded players is unreal.

That said, it has the world's best 2 players in it by far in Iniesta and Xavi.

Having watched it plenty last season, I'll respectfully disagree with you.

And hit you in the face with a large smelly fish.

Aw man, anything but a fish, I hate fish.

La Liga is by far and away the more exciting league. I'm sitting watching a 0-0 game just now between Mallorca and Real Madrid and it's a crackin' game.

Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are probably the best players in the world. Who in the EPL has the same level of skill and consistency?

No, I use my eyes to watch. La Liga is why guys like Messi look so much better than they really are - defenses are like sieves and it's exhibition football. The space and time afforded players is unreal.

Come on now, you're just being silly. :D :D :D

La Liga is by far and away the more exciting league. I'm sitting watching a 0-0 game just now between Mallorca and Real Madrid and it's a crackin' game.

It's a cracking game because the marking, defence and organisation at the back is so poor that you get open ended flowing football and lots of attacking play. But it's hardly great football - it's easy football.

Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are probably the best players in the world. Who in the EPL has the same level of skill and consistency?

Ronaldo, Xavi and Iniesta I will give you - all 3 of them have done it at the world cup, Euros, and CL. Messi hasn't.

As for your question: Arshavin, Fabregas, Scholes, Rooney, Drogba. All have done it domestically and at the highest levels.

(btw, no one touches Iniesta for me - best player on earth by a mile)

Guest Flying Hippo
Davis was poor on saturday and he's not too good for scottish football, don't know where you get that from!!

is boogie too good for the SPL as well cause he is on par with Davis , as is McGregor IMO.....

My opinion is that if a player could hold his own in the EPL, he is too good to be playing in Scottish football. It doesn't mean i don't want him. 12 years ago our entire team was too good for the SPL

Edited by Flying Hippo

To the best league in the world argument it depends on whether you are looking for entertainment, skill, excitement, standard etc. But I wouldnt say La Liga is the best in the world, its in the top 4 in Europe along with Serie A, EPL and Bundesliga.

Id say a few South American leagues are easily on par and if not better than Euro leagues in some catergories.

One reason the likes of Messi etc go to La Liga is the similar lifestyle between South america and Spain, not to mention if they come to UK they are paying 50p in the pound for tax.

I'm with Danny on this one, i'd rather watch the EPL or even the championship!!

I watched the real madrid game last night and it was pish :whistle:

My opinion is that if a player could hold his own in the EPL, he is too good to be playing in Scottish football. It doesn't mean i don't want him. 12 years ago our entire team was too good for the SPL

so if someone from any league is better than most in it he is too good for that league, ok.....