Miller in pay cut shock!!

They all should be, outwith Davis who i believe is too good to be playing in Scotland anyway and we are very lucky to have. However, in reality, Walter has always been very loyal to his favourites

Super Ally, it's bizarre how you keep 'un-usefuling' my posts about McCulloch being undroppable, yet you don't actually say anything to the contrary. So it's un-useful because i'm telling the truth?

I groan at most your posts.

Hate Boyd, love Lafferty, claim our manager has favourites and picks his teams emotionally and so also hate McCulloch regardless of what they do on the pitch we already know what your view will be. :thup:

Prob a PLG fan who thought he needed more time to ruin our club too. :fish:

If Davis wasn't a Rangers fan, there's absolutely no chance he would've contemplated leaving the EPL for the SPL. He could quite easy be first pick at least half of the current EPL sides. We are lucky to have him and a few average games doesn't change that at all

And yes, Bougherra is too good for the SPL as well. As was Laudrup. As was Gascoigne. As was Ferguson. As was Van Bronckhorst. As was Larsson, Petrov, Sutton etc. It would be a very miserable league if it only consisted of players who were only good enough to play at that level

This is nonsense. The level of SPL is the level of the players currently playing in it. You can't say it would crap if the SPL were SPL level, because that's just what it is. You might have players who are better than most of the other players, but that's true of any league. You've almost made a square circle in an attempt to rubbish the league. It's not a great standard, but it has big enough teams in it to attract good players, which ups the overall standard. Bougherra's clearly not too good for the SPL, because he's in the SPL. He may be one of its best players, because he's a lot better than the average player, but that's like saying Rooney's too good for the EPL. Utter tosh.

If Davis wasn't a Rangers fan, there's absolutely no chance he would've contemplated leaving the EPL for the SPL.

Nonsense, unless of course, you have spoken to Davis or read an article where he has said that?

Was Davis a wanted man, while playing for Fulham? IIRC, he was a substitute week in week out after Sanchez left the club. If he was that good a player, EPL clubs would've been sniffing about, right? We were his only option when he realised that he wasn't a first team regular at Fulham. He probably joined us because a) he wanted to play 1st team football, b) because he wanted to win medals and c) Champions Laague football.

Guest Flying Hippo
Nonsense, unless of course, you have spoken to Davis or read an article where he has said that?

Was Davis a wanted man, while playing for Fulham? IIRC, he was a substitute week in week out after Sanchez left the club. If he was that good a player, EPL clubs would've been sniffing about, right? We were his only option when he realised that he wasn't a first team regular at Fulham. He probably joined us because a) he wanted to play 1st team football, b) because he wanted to win medals and c) Champions Laague football.

There's no point in me even arguing as this is the finest example of someone arguing simply for argument's sake that i've ever seen. Everyone knows that Davis joined us because he's a) a Rangers fan, and b) from Northern Ireland. As if a 23 year old from England would've even contemplated moving to the SPL after 4 years of playing in the EPL, 3 of them as first pick

There's no point in me even arguing as this is the finest example of someone arguing simply for argument's sake that i've ever seen. Everyone knows that Davis joined us because he's a) a Rangers fan, and b) from Northern Ireland. As if a 23 year old from England would've even contemplated moving to the SPL after 4 years of playing in the EPL, 3 of them as first pick

I didn't know that. First and foremost, as a professional footballer, surely you want to play first team football week in week out, no? As I said in my previous post, I believe we were the only interested party in signing Davis at the time.

This is nonsense. The level of SPL is the level of the players currently playing in it. You can't say it would crap if the SPL were SPL level, because that's just what it is. You might have players who are better than most of the other players, but that's true of any league. You've almost made a square circle in an attempt to rubbish the league. It's not a great standard, but it has big enough teams in it to attract good players, which ups the overall standard. Bougherra's clearly not too good for the SPL, because he's in the SPL. He may be one of its best players, because he's a lot better than the average player, but that's like saying Rooney's too good for the EPL. Utter tosh.

tbh fwiw I can actually see were Hippo is coming from. The SPL is a total backwater league, and it's the OF alone who attract a slightly better calibre of player because they can afford to - not because the prospect of playing for Rangers in the SPL is the right level for incoming players.

Look at Jelavic - openly admits he's here as a stepping stone to the EPL - clearly he isn't here because of the level of the league.

Another example is Cuellar - he was clearly too good for the SPL and is now AT his level in the EPL.

As for your Rooney argument, it doesn't hold water because the EPL is the best league in the world with some of the best players. You can't really logically compare the 2 leagues in any valid argument.

As for your Rooney argument, it doesn't hold water because the EPL is the best league in the world with some of the best players. You can't really logically compare the 2 leagues in any valid argument.

That argument has been shot to shit in recent years.

By far and away the best marketed league in the world though. Sky have really done them a massive favour there as everyone swallows the hype.

It's a game at the end of the day nothing more nothing less, played by over paid chappies, who on average are not any better players, with a few exceptions, than the guys on the terracing.

As with everything in the modern world marketing is the real power, from governments to chewing gum, American wrestling got the Sky treatment for a while and went ballistic here, pity help the EPL if Sky find a newer more �£ friendly marketing tool, put all your eggs in the one basket, be prepared for the consequences if the basket gets dropped.