Rangers agree fee for Tommy Smith with Pompey!!!

Portsmouth administrator Andrew Andronikou has revealed Rangers are currently in talks with winger Tommy Smith over a move to Ibrox. Rangers had already bid Ã?£300,000 for Smith though the troubled English club said such a low offer was ‘derisory’. Yesterday, Ian Durrant confirmed Rangers had been in talks with two players, Tommy Smith was believed to be one until Portsmouth today confirmed it.

Andronikou told Portsmouth news outlet The News: “There has been dialogue and that will continue. We’ll see where it goes.”

Smith has a disciplinary record which though it can’t compete with Gary Linker’s, is still enviable in modern football with only 16 yellow cards and no red cards in his fourteen years as a professional footballer. The talented 30 year old is seen by Walter Smith as an ideal addition to the squad as he focuses to strengthen with a couple of players who can play on the wings.

OH FFS, it is with us.

Guest Flying Hippo

Whilst �£1.5 million would be a ridiculous fee, i do actually rate him and think he'd do alright for us. Would certainly prefer him to taking a potshot on someone like Welcome or Mphela

Guest Flying Hippo

Welcome is the one i'd be most disappointed if we signed. Not that i've ever seen him play or know anything about him, but because i think he's our last resort and someone we'll only sign if absolutely every other deal collapses

Rangers have renewed their interest in Portsmouth striker Tommy Smith as they step up a recruitment drive before the SPL kick-off. The Ibrox club had a reported �£300,000 bid rejected by the Pompey administrator in June, but Walter Smith remains a fan of the 30-year-old and there has now been fresh contact between the clubs.

It is understood Tommy Smith would not be an alternative to Nikica Jelavic, and the club are also targeting USA striker Robbie Findlay. (Daily Mail)

Must be fekkin Stevie Wonder who does our transfers....�£300k increased to �£1.5 mill allegedly, if that is true the words desperation and sheer incompetency come to mind.:(