Kyle Lafferty

Guest Flying Hippo
No matter what Kyle Lafferty does, some will always hate him. He's been the club scapegoat since Rothen departed.

One can only imagine the vitriol he'll receive if he has a poor first few games this season

Edited by Flying Hippo

He has hardly done enough to be lauded though has he ? Or are we to simply give him a plethora of chances ? Sure, he hasnt had a run in his normal position, I get that. But whilst there are some who will always hate him (not me I may add) there are always others who will jump to his defence - even when unjustified.

It is the way it is.

What I dont get is that some (not saying either of you) will defend Lafferty to the hilt and simultaneously be completely ambivalent about Boyd leaving. For all of Boyd's misgivings he was far more productive to our fortunes than Lafferty has been.

I personally do see some talent in Lafferty but if he has a future at Rangers then he 1) MUST get a run up front and 2) MUST hit the ground running this season.

Isnt opinions a great thing! :)

Myself along with a few others (probably minority in this forum) wouldnt have had Boyd in their first XI last season yet others had him down as their first name.

Lafferty seems to be spliting the support also. I definatly think he has hidden talent and to get it out of him he needs 3 things 1) To remember he isnt bigger than the club and that it would be downhill career wise after Rangers. 2) Played as a striker or an inside left striker of a front three (not a winger) 3) He needs to mature quite a bit (remember he is only 22). If we got these 3 things I think he have a player who can get 20 goals a season.

Whilst I want Jelavic to sign Im not a fan of using Lafferty and Naismith for that matter as wingers. Id definatly have them as part of a front 3 though.

Explain yourself. Is that a guess or have you got some inside info? ;)

Di Matteo has allegedly been trying to get him, but is well short of Watties �£2.5 mill minimum, and when an under 19 player told me big Laffs keepy up skills were on a par with dusty bin, I can see why Wattie would want to quietly bury this major mistake, who knows it is like the Jelly all of a wobble at the moment. :)

No matter what Kyle Lafferty does, some will always hate him. He's been the club scapegoat since Rothen departed.

I don't think fans ever hate players who are playing really well for the team. In fact I don't think anyone "hates" Lafferty anyway - it's just he's been pretty crap in comparison to his transfer fee and wage.

Seeing as we won the double and were out of Europe before Rothen left, did we even need a scapegoat?

I don't get this attitude: when players don't play well they get stick, it's usually not personal and you just have to pull your socks up to get the crowd on your side. That is: playing quite well, putting a decent effort in, and not acting like a prat on and off the pitch.

A very obvious example of this is Kenny Miller. For him it WAS personal, but he's turned it around, the fans are reasonably on his side - and he's hardly shown himself to be the next Durie never mind the next Hateley.

I think you would have been far more accurate if your sentence was written as, "No matter what Kyle Lafferty does, it is not generally up to the high standards required of Rangers, and this makes him unpopular with many fans - the same went for Rothen before him."