Dado Prso and the Rangers support held a mutual respect for one another. His three years in Glasgow culminated in an enforced, and tearful, farewell on the Ibrox turf ââ?¬â?? and the Croatian admits he was surprised to see Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo end their Rangers careers prematurely.

Prso enjoyed a cult-hero status with the Ibrox faithful thanks to his skill, determination and goalscoring exploits, forming a formidable partnership with Novo, pictured, as Alex McLeish�s side won the SPL title on the final day of the 2004/05 season.

But when a chronic knee injury meant that he was unable to give his all for the club and supporters he had taken to his heart, the striker left the Gers and ended his days as a professional to a guard of honour from his colleagues in light blue.

But the two men who have since followed in his footsteps moved on under different circumstances.

Boyd�s departure to Middlesbrough and Novo�s to Sporting Gijon were perhaps the two biggest losses of the summer for the champions, and Prso reckons they should have stayed as Rangers players for life.

He said: "I was surprised to see Boyd and Nacho leave Rangers.

"I would have said to both of them to stay at Rangers. When you are with Rangers, you play for a great club with great supporters and at a great stadium.

"In football, that is what you need. Money is always there, you will always get money in football today, you will get a little bit more or a little bit less.

"But to find a place where you can enjoy your football like this is very rare. There are not a lot of places like that in the world."

Despite his surprise at the pair�s decision to move on, the big Croat believes his former side will cope.

"They have gone and now Rangers must continue to win without them, and I hope they will. I think Rangers will always be favourites for the title."

:robbo: :spl: