Georgie Welcome poised for Rangers trial

I know what you mean lads. Anyway, Andy was responding to someone saying he looked rank rotten in the world cup, but I saw bits of at least one game he played in & the commentators were raving about how good his work rate and effort was, so who knows. The world cup is certainly not good for judging players. Klose scored as many, if not more goals in the tournament than he did all season at Bayern!

I know what you mean lads. Anyway, Andy was responding to someone saying he looked rank rotten in the world cup, but I saw bits of at least one game he played in & the commentators were raving about how good his work rate and effort was, so who knows. The world cup is certainly not good for judging players. Klose scored as many, if not more goals in the tournament than he did all season at Bayern!

Klose infact did he scored 3 goals at Bayern and 4 at the world cup.

Can see both sides to this. On the one hand, surely we should have done our homework on him by now, but on the other its good to see us being cautious.

Its probably good to see what his attitude is like on the training field first. We used to spend first think later, now its coming back to haunt us.

However if you have a trial with us usually there will be mo chance of the player signing.

Perhaps I'm too cynical but, the lad could play his heart out during his trial period get fortunate with a few chances that comes his way, then once he's signed, he becomes a Sebo type player and becomes a burden on our balance sheet via his wages.

Not keen on the lad, however, I am willing to be proved wrong;)

Perhaps I'm too cynical but, the lad could play his heart out during his trial period get fortunate with a few chances that comes his way, then once he's signed, he becomes a Sebo type player and becomes a burden on our balance sheet via his wages.

Not keen on the lad, however, I am willing to be proved wrong;)

Very true,however every signing is a gamble, only this one is a cheaper gamble

I'm actually excited about Welcome as he's somebody that's spoken about in a promising tone. Our last signing, albeit it was a loan deal was a total shambles! The majority of our targets recently (in the past year or so) have been players nearing the end of their careers.

I hope the guy plays well and gives it his best. He talks a good game, lets hope he can play a good game too.