Namouchi on possible Gers return

I thought he was pish in the UEFA cup final and I believe that was his last competitive match for us.

His peak was his absolutely world class display V Lyon at the Gerland, but thereafter he just deteriorated horribly to the point where I resented seeing his name on the team sheet.

A player who was definitely over-rated by some smug types who thought they knew better than everyone else (not saying all those who praised him were like this) and whose nothing career since leaving us pretty much shows him for what he lacks.

Guest Guivarc'h

A player who was definitely over-rated by some smug types who thought they knew better than everyone else (not saying all those who praised him were like this) and whose nothing career since leaving us pretty much shows him for what he lacks.

The new age football fan who watches 10 different leagues and is obsessed with tactics heralded Hemdani as world class whilst claiming Kevin Thomson was a headless chicken

I thought Hemdani was one of our better players of recent seasons, he was a clever player who controlled play well with good passing and vision. Wasnt world class but certainly a good player.

The new age football fan who watches 10 different leagues and is obsessed with tactics heralded Hemdani as world class whilst claiming Kevin Thomson was a headless chicken

Thomson was also completely over rated tbh. A decent workmanlike midfielder whose peak was the OF match at Ibrox and maybe the 3-3 against Dundee Utd at Ibrox some seasons back. Far too many anonymous and inneffective displays - a player I was quite indifferent about leaving us.

But you do have a point about the new age football fan - it's a breed I don't quite understand. They seem to agonise over the sport but don't quite get the game.

Maybe if British football had a more 'new age' approach, we wouldn't have to rely on foreign players and the international sides wouldn't constantly get horsed.

British football fans, including many on here, live in the dark ages and don't understand the modern game.

Maybe if British football had a more 'new age' approach, we wouldn't have to rely on foreign players and the international sides wouldn't constantly get horsed.

British football fans, including many on here, live in the dark ages and don't understand the modern game.

Whilst that may be true it doens't change the fact that Hemdani was overrated.

Whilst that may be true it doens't change the fact that Hemdani was overrated.

I'm not convinced he was over-rated. I dont recall anyone (certainly not on here, perhaps elsewhere - but then I only post here) saying he was a world-beater.

Anyway, a player being over-rated really is a relative, subjective term.

Hemdani was a decent player for us - anyone saying otherwise is blinkered IMO. Not a world beater but did a very decent job at mopping up, retaining possession and releasing the ball to the more creative players.

Namouchi, garbage when we had him, undoubtedly garbage today. Third rate waste of space who struggled to hold the banjo, let alone threaten the barn door.

So I wonder when we are signing him then ? :thup: