According to Real Radio, the deal is nearly completed. All that's left to do is cross the Ts and dot the...................lower case Js.

I'm 50/50 whether this would be a good signing. I was never that impressed with him for Hearts but there's a few people who seem to rate him.

TBH Ive never seen the guy play or cant recall seeing him last season.

So he is a centre half turned left back like Papac?

I definatly feel we needed cover at full back with S Smith moving on and if the guy can play at centre half then all the better also should wilson and/or Bougherra be on their way.

Can't say I'm excited or disappointed unless he is seen as the replacement if Bougherra leaves.

As a squad player, I'd be reasonably happy with Goncalves but I'm unsure his wages will mean he'll be a bit part player.

They've been saying the deal is nearly completed for about a week now.

Jambos certainly don't rate him at LB, but he appears to be a physical, no nonsense centre half. The only reason I can see us signing him though is if Bougherra and Wilson are away and as usual, there's lots of conflicting reports about that pair in the media, so all I'm sure of is that I've no idea who's going to be staying or going.

Guest Flying Hippo

The Evening Tims article that claims Rangers have denied that we are signing him doesn't contain one single quote nor does it even say which Rangers employee said we aren't signing him and when/where they said it

I dont see any value on paying him as a squad player , what we need is dedicated first team players , and if we need go with a smaller squad with better quality then so be it . Will we never learn

I dont see any value on paying him as a squad player , what we need is dedicated first team players , and if we need go with a smaller squad with better quality then so be it . Will we never learn

Sincerely doubt he'll be a squad player.