The De Boer's v The Laudrups!

Awesome question, and a very difficult one to answer because of the fact Frank was a defender.

Michael Laudrup was a cracking player too and played with some top teams.

I am not sure I could even pick a winner of that contest.

I would take Brian Laudrup over RdB and would probably take Michael over Frank - so the Laudrup's for me.

Frank was a great defender and read the game so well - but the one failing he had was that he was very one-paced. His reading of the game made up for it though.

He could learn a thing or two from oor Davie Weir:)

He could learn a thing or two from oor Davie Weir:)

Funnily enough... when was typing my thoughts on Frank de Boer I did actually think of Weir. De Boer obviously was a better player than Sir David of Weir

Michael Laudrup was the best of them all and far better than Brian. Brian Laudrup was excellent for us but was not really successful anywhere else. He was a disaster at Fiorintina getting hounded out the stadium and hardly played at Milan. Coming to Scotland was an escape from an Italian hell for him. At Chelsea he hardly got a game either and was nothing special at Ajax.

So i woud put them in the order of:

Michael Laudrup

Frank de Boer

Ronald de boer

Brian Laudrup

For me 2-3 beats 1-4 so i would say the de Boers were more successful.

Michael Laudrup was the best of them all and far better than Brian. Brian Laudrup was excellent for us but was not really successful anywhere else. He was a disaster at Fiorintina getting hounded out the stadium and hardly played at Milan. Coming to Scotland was an escape from an Italian hell for him. At Chelsea he hardly got a game either and was nothing special at Ajax.

Michael Laudrup

Frank de Boer

Ronald de boer

Brian Laudrup

2+3=5

1+4=5

Draw, surely ;)

Ronald de Boer = 12 letters

Frank de Boer = 11 letters

Total = 23 letters

Brian Laudrup = 12 letters

Michael Laudrup = 14 letters

Total = 26 letters

The Laudrup brothers are better by my calculations. ;)

Michael Laudrup was the best of them all and far better than Brian. Brian Laudrup was excellent for us but was not really successful anywhere else. He was a disaster at Fiorintina getting hounded out the stadium and hardly played at Milan.

You could say the above about Thierry Henry too - he has been average at Barca and was dire for Juve but was absolutely phenomenal for Arsenal. Sometimes even class doesn't rise to the top in the wrong conditions.

Coming to Scotland was an escape from an Italian hell for him. At Chelsea he hardly got a game either and was nothing special at Ajax.

Michael Laudrup

Frank de Boer

Ronald de boer

Brian Laudrup

Maybe the question should be about ability and not success? Sometimes fairly average players can achieve a lot in their career - how else would a decent but nothing else defender in Materazzi win the sodding world cup.

Guest Flying Hippo

With fairness to Laudrup, his best club form came in a truly horrific league in a team who without him (and latterly Gascoigne) would've been dreadfully average themselves. Seasons 94/95 and 95/96 may have been unwatchable had we not had those 2 geniuses

You could say the above about Thierry Henry too - he has been average at Barca and was dire for Juve but was absolutely phenomenal for Arsenal. Sometimes even class doesn't rise to the top in the wrong conditions.

Maybe the question should be about ability and not success? Sometimes fairly average players can achieve a lot in their career - how else would a decent but nothing else defender in Materazzi win the sodding world cup.

Technical talent i still think the de Boers would would win it, there are not many more technical footballers than Ronald de Boer. Personally i feel Brian was idolised to be a better player than he really was by the Rangers fans. He was certainly different class in the Scottish league but very mediocre in the bigger leagues

Guest Flying Hippo
Technical talent i still think the de Boers would would win it, there are not many more technical footballers than Ronald de Boer. Personally i feel Brian was idolised to be a better player than he really was by the Rangers fans. He was certainly different class in the Scottish league but very mediocre in the bigger leagues

There's no question about that imo

Brian Laudrup will forever be a god to the Rangers fans but let's be honest; if someone like Messi or Ronaldo (either the fat one or the other one) played in the SPL, they'd probably score about 70 goals per season. The standard he was up against was utterly horrendous. Even Celtic had a piss poor squad at the time

He should've joined Man Utd instead of Chelsea. Chelsea were a work in progress whereas United were the finished article and i highly doubt he'd have got homesick and asked to return home if he'd been playing under Sir Awex