Are you just saying that because you didnt report it?? :spl: ;)

But your right, if Gordon went for 9 million then Mcgregor has to have the same price tag. There isnt much between the 2 TBH. The debate of those 2 is quite similar to Goram and Leighton although not in the same class.

Frankie is an experienced keeper, would be interesting to know who he rates better.

EDIT - I think its a shame Gordon's career has went downhill since he moved to Sunderland. I do think its down to injuries yet he will be classed in the Russell Anderson catergory as a Scot who failed down south. I hope he comes back and proves everyone wrong. Fine keeper IMO.

Are you joking? Have you seen some of his performances? Without him they would have been relegated. He has had injury problems. I rate McGregor but Gordon is better on crosses for example.

Have you seen some of his performances?

Obviously not :thup::D

Without him they would have been relegated

Thats a bit far fetched! Did you see how bad Hull, West Ham and Burnely was!!

I agree, I don't think there's much between them, but I think 5M is a more realistic price. I have no idea how on earth Hearts managed to get 9M for Gordon. I think it was just one of those lucky situations where the manager really wanted him and was willing to pay whatever it took.

Gordon's had a very good season and is rated highly down there, although I'm sure I read somewhere that Bruce wasn't his biggest fan.

If Mcgregor does fancy a move and we could get 5M or so which would be reinvested in the team, I'd take it at the moment.

I agree, I don't think there's much between them, but I think 5M is a more realistic price. I have no idea how on earth Hearts managed to get 9M for Gordon. I think it was just one of those lucky situations where the manager really wanted him and was willing to pay whatever it took.

Gordon's had a very good season and is rated highly down there, although I'm sure I read somewhere that Bruce wasn't his biggest fan.

If Mcgregor does fancy a move and we could get 5M or so which would be reinvested in the team, I'd take it at the moment.

It was Roy Keane iirc and his transfer dealings have been laughable.

McGregor is one of the few players we could demand a premium for, so anything less than �£7M shouldn't be entertained.

That said, we would be better off keeping players as good as him, as finding another McGregor won't be easy, and Alexander is never good enough to be number 1.

But Gordon was going to the EPL, where money is no object; he was being sold by a team in a position of strength; and the economic times were better when he moved.

None of those things apply either to us or now, so there's little chance of matching the fee.

But Gordon was going to the EPL, where money is no object; he was being sold by a team in a position of strength; and the economic times were better when he moved.

None of those things apply either to us or now, so there's little chance of matching the fee.

Spot on. There's absolutely NO WAY we'll get �£9m for McGregor.

MacGregor you can lose when you have a keeper such as Alexander already on the books , MacGregor you cant lose when you have a keeper like Tuffy as back up , and in the position we are in �£5 million is far too good to turn down , plus he is better away ,Glasgow is too attractive for him

Guest Flying Hippo

His agent is claiming that McGregor possibly feels like he has achieved all he can achieve at Rangers. If that's his attitude he can gtf frankly. Makes me sick seeing the likes of McGregor and Boyd saying this. In terms of Rangers history, they are two nobodies