Martin Petrov-Released By Man City

Manchester City trio Martin Petrov, Benjani Mwaruwari and Sylvinho will all leave Eastlands this summer after the club opted not to offer them new contracts.

All three were used only sparingly by boss Roberto Mancini last season and their departures were expected, with the Italian set to bring in a number of players during the close season.

Petrov was signed by Sven-Goran Eriksson from Atletico Madrid in 2007 and enjoyed an impressive debut season on the wing

But the Bulgarian's time at City was blighted by injuries and he leaves having made 57 starts, scoring 15 goals.

Bolton will lead the chase for the serial-assister, but they will face competition from Aston Villa, Everton and West Ham.

Out on his ear: Benjani

Out on his ear: Benjani

Striker Benjani was another Eriksson purchase, arriving from Portsmouth in January 2008 after netting on a regular basis during the first half of the season.

He made an instant impact by scoring the winner on his debut against Manchester United but he faded out of the picture and spent the end of this season on loan at Barclays Premier League rivals Sunderland, where he failed to score in eight matches.

Brazil defender Sylvinho joined City last summer after helping Barcelona win the Champions League but the 36-year-old was restricted to only nine starts.

Youngsters Jack Redshaw, Tobias Johansen and Karl Moore have also been released.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1284935/Martin-Petrov-sparks-bidding-war-Bulgarian-winger-released-Manchester-city-Sylvinho-Benjani.html#ixzz0qJISTZU8

All 3 would be tremendous signings but I dont think we could afford any of them. Thats the difference a decade can make. Man City dropped to the 3rd tier of English football then became the worlds richest club. We went from being as good as any in the land to poaching debt ridden Portsmouths players who are surplus to requirements.

Just had a look on Soccerbase; his scoring record in England is 26 goals in 116 games

I think he has a better chance improving his scoring rate if he were to come to the SPL

I think he has a better chance improving his scoring rate if he were to come to the SPL

Correct. He isn't quite good enough for the EPL, but I think he'd be fine in the SPL. I'd definitely take him.