KYLE LAFFERTY has changed the laws of world football - thanks to an x-rated challenge that he got away with.

Lafferty's horror studs-up tackle on Celtic's Andy Hinkel in January's Old Firm game led to widespread criticism of Old Firm debut ref Steve Conroy.

He only booked Lafferty for the flashpoint - which the Hoops defender later claimed "could easily have broken my leg".

But now world football bosses have passed an SFA proposal to alter the laws of the game to give the fourth official more power to direct the referee over tackles like Lafferty's.

Until now, the fourth official could only bring cases of violent conduct or mistaken identity to the attention of the referee.

But 'Lafferty's Law' means the man on the sidelines will be able to emphasise specific incidents to officials to help guide them in the same manner as assistant referees.

SFA head of referee development Hugh Dallas masterminded the proposal, which was passed by the International Football Association Board meeting in May and became law on June 1.

It's understood the Lafferty incident was the catalyst for change and Dallas said: "We felt this was something that would give the fourth official more authority and aid the referee in his decision-making, which is the bottom line.

"In the past his input to the referee has been limited to specific matters but this will allow him to become more involved."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/838127/Studs-up-tackle-against-Celtics-Andy-Hinkel-sparks-rule-move.html

I dont think its unbelievable. Its maybe a good thing to get the officials to work more as a team. The only problem we have is the horrendous decisions being made throughout a season to every team.

Laffertys challenge was a shocker.

I dont think its unbelievable. Its maybe a good thing to get the officials to work more as a team. The only problem we have is the horrendous decisions being made throughout a season to every team.

Laffertys challenge was a shocker.

Sorry, was being lazy there.

I was referring to the unjustified angle in the story as if KL's 'challenge' was some kind of cataclysmic event which triggered changes to the laws of the game. I don't see it as a "horror tackle". What happened to the victim of said tackle?

Sorry, was being lazy there.

I was gonna say so were the NOTW, but in truth, they knew exactly what they were doing when printing that. More like Scum Of The World than News Of The World.

Laffetrty's was a tackle you see just about every game , but it is only highlighted because it was against them , it is pathetic but very very predictable especially they way we are protrayed in the press .

Put it this way , the next time there is a clampdown on diving , will it be " McGeady's" law , dont hold your breath.

I was gonna say so were the NOTW, but in truth, they knew exactly what they were doing when printing that. More like Scum Of The World than News Of The World.

I wonder if it was co-written by a certain individual who isn't keen on us?

However they continue to slam us or put us through the mud. Utter shite paper that it is.