Barry Ferguson Birmingham City Player Of The Year 2010

I think our support are equally guilty of overrating him and underrating him

He was never anywhere close to world class, though many claimed that he was especially in the McLeish era

Disagree. He was world class - some of his displays against Porto, Bayer Leverkusen, Parma, Borussia Dortmund etc plus that show he put on at Hamdpen against France showed just how superb he could be.

I never said he was world class, but he was as near to world class as any Scottish player of his era

I'm not a huge Barry Ferguson fan but he was thee best Scottish player of his era.

Disagree. He was world class - some of his displays against Porto, Bayer Leverkusen, Parma, Borussia Dortmund etc plus that show he put on at Hamdpen against France showed just how superb he could be.

The performance against Porto at Ibrox was awesome but that was about the last we saw of his best.

He was good in Advocaats first 2 years but look at the players he played with!! He was also good along side De Boer and Arteta in 02-03.

World Class? not for me.

A lot of fans both Rangers and Celtic try to compare Ferguson with McStay, id rather compare him with Lambert who was easily better than McStay. Lambert was a player I rated very highly.

Guest Flying Hippo

No chance you can deem someone world class if they're 32 and have only played in the SPL and for 2 mid table English teams imo

Edited by Flying Hippo

No chance you can deem someone world class if they're 32 and have only played in the SPL and for 2 mid table English teams imo

A compromise then is that he was capable of producing world class performances at times. Fair?