Few Hibs fans claiming they're after Brahim Hemdani

Guest Flying Hippo

Guest Flying Hippo

Just what the hell happened to that guy?

Sat out the last year of his contract at Ibrox despite not playing a single minute of football, and has been a free agent for a year now. He could've been going to the World Cup with Algeria but clearly had minimal interest in playing football or he would've found a club even at a relatively low level

Our CL qualifier against Red Star Belgrade was supposed to be his final game for the club before joining Osasuna on a free transfer but after we qualified, we then demanded a �£1 million fee for him and the move fell through. Did this incident simply make him lose all appetite for football? It's certainly a strange one

Just what the hell happened to that guy?

Sat out the last year of his contract at Ibrox despite not playing a single minute of football, and has been a free agent for a year now. He could've been going to the World Cup with Algeria but clearly had minimal interest in playing football or he would've found a club even at a relatively low level

Our CL qualifier against Red Star Belgrade was supposed to be his final game for the club before joining Osasuna on a free transfer but after we qualified, we then demanded a �£1 million fee for him and the move fell through. Did this incident simply make him lose all appetite for football? It's certainly a strange one

I think his dire form might have done that. He played like an absolute maestro at the Gerland against Lyon, absolutely world class display that night, but for God knows what reason it was all downhill after that and I began to resent his name on the team sheet such were his atrocious performances.

Possibly a loss of form led to a loss of appetite, plus the fact he'd been on astronomical wages with us (at least �£25k I believe) so any lesser club wouldn't be able compete with that.

He played like an absolute maestro at the Gerland against Lyon, absolutely world class display that night, but for God knows what reason it was all downhill after that and I began to resent his name on the team sheet such were his atrocious performances.

He was a Frenchman playing in a massive Champions League fixture in France, in front of the French press and probably some French scouts and managers as well. He probably played so outstandingly because he wanted a move back to France. Could be wrong, but there's every chance that was the case.

Bit surprised that Eck didn't ask him to go to Brum tbh.

Guest Flying Hippo

A lot of our fans grossly overrated Hemdani. I remember a fella Rustledust on FF claiming that he was world class and one of the best holding midfielders in the world. I think Lee McCulloch has proved that being a holding midfielder in Scotland is not exactly the most skilled of trades

When he did actually play and play well, he was a cracking player, however he wasn't 'one of the lads' so to speak and he didn't hide the fact that he wasn't at all chuffed about what happened between PLG and some of the lads in the dressing room. Subsequently, he might have had some arguments and/or attitude problems and he wasn't really given much of a chance under Smith. The best thing for his career would have been if Eck had taken him to Brum or he'd got a move back to France.

A lot of our fans grossly overrated Hemdani. I remember a fella Rustledust on FF claiming that he was world class and one of the best holding midfielders in the world.

Jadams on RM had him as his avatar for long enough. Loved him beyond words.